Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Controller on all day?

TWC

I’m planning on refitting my van and wondering where to put the controllers. I’ve always put my controllers near the rear doors and turn them off every time I move the van. I see lots of vans where there by the side door and wondered do you just turn them on in the morning and leave them on all day?

or have to open the side door on each job?

I’m planning on refitting my van and wondering where to put the controllers. I’ve always put my controllers near the rear doors and turn them off every time I move the van. I see lots of vans where there by the side door and wondered do you just turn them on in the morning and leave them on all day?

or have to open the side door on each job?
Leave them on all day. If I'm stopping for lunch I sometimes turn it off but only cause listening to the pressure switch annoys me ?

Thanks for the replies. 
Previously I used a different type of controller that just relied on the pump pressure switch so had to switch off every time. 
Will be much easier than running wires round the van 

We leave ours on all day to keep the boiler running and the water hit , never had a problem doing this .

This depends on how far to the next job, if it's a 10 minute drive we turn off but there are 2 of us and the passenger has to pass them anyway. If it's just round the corner we leave them on.

Leave mine on all day. Just the other day, yet again my dumb a** left it on overnight so nearly on for 24hrs. Not the first time I've done it and I'm pretty certain it won't be the last. Could smash my head in with a rusty plank when I do it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Son and I leave them on mostly. We turn them off if we're more than a few minutes from the next Job. Also if we're going to be doing a job where the pure water won't be needed for a while, ie gutter emptying or soapwashes, and on the rare occasion we stop for a bite to eat. Rare because we mostly work no more than five or six hours a day.

We each have our own independent work station : pumps, controllers, reels, timers and pole stowage. He,
side door and I back door. That way we don't get in each other's way.

Son and I leave them on mostly. We turn them off if we're more than a few minutes from the next Job. Also if we're going to be doing a job where the pure water won't be needed for a while, ie gutter emptying or soapwashes, and on the rare occasion we stop for a bite to eat. Rare because we mostly work no more than five or six hours a day.

We each have our own independent work station : pumps, controllers, reels, timers and pole stowage. He,
side door and I back door. That way we don't get in each other's way.
Sound very similar to myself and son apart I work out side ?

Latest Posts

Back