Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Plastic clean and soft wash job

Pjj

Premium Member
Today we did a plastic clean on a house that hadn’t been cleaned in 25 years according to the owner , the plastics were badly stained so decided to hypo them , came up almost like new ,. Just doftwashed a mobile home it was very green with algi in my excitement to do the job forgot to take before pictures, as a result of this job the  neighbours came out and we have picked up 5 more to do ??? 

6A562FF4-4EB4-4C74-BDAE-ECC91DE2E6DE.jpeg

D19388E9-885A-4148-884E-083BFD4A795A.jpeg

D7DBA9C5-DD76-493F-BCA3-30A5D5A35760.jpeg

C43B76DF-BB9B-4691-B5A7-41462016889A.jpeg

504DFFEC-3DE7-4D2D-937B-C6994E1D3F74.jpeg

F1FDB0BF-B8A9-40C8-B790-C49C425FD848.jpeg

I imagine you've been asked this a hundred times before but could you talk me through the whole process? hypo mixes, times, protection of the area etc etc?

I would like to have something extra up my sleeve for the real dirty pvc cleans.

I imagine you've been asked this a hundred times before but could you talk me through the whole process? hypo mixes, times, protection of the area etc etc?

I would like to have something extra up my sleeve for the real dirty pvc cleans.
In simple terms ppe is top of the list 

Hypo mix for plastics 5or 6 ltr of water to 1 ltr of hypo , use back pack sprayer to apply , wet down with garden hose any lead first and plants etc then apply mix damp down plants again , leave mix to work for 10-20 muinits it should already look a lot cleaner green algi will turn brown like sludge , scrub with wfp rinse with garden hose job done , some white plastics can turn yellow/brown if you use a stronger mix and even at this dilution it can do the same so if not experienced might pay to use a 7-1 mix but the plastic will revert back to white given a couple of hours , it’s best not to do it on a very hot sunny day or a windy day as it can dry the mix out to quickly , one of the surfactants below will help with slip whilst scrubbing you only need 300 ml of it to a 20 ltr drum of neat hypo so it’s quite cost effective , any specific questions just ask , but do go carful if you have no knowledge of the product . You could mix it up in a bucket and dip the brush in it and apply it , or you can apply it through the backpack and wfp brush on a low flow rate , PPE is very important use safety glasses AND a visor you will get drips on you no matter how careful you are you don’t want it on your face , wear old clothes  !!!!! ????

E5ED6502-8771-484E-AF34-C50B90C60FEB.jpeg

Thank you for that, ive been using the degreasers and razor wash, but it I don’t always get the results I’d like.

I’ve been looking at using the Benz lightning cleanse, as it seems simple. Is it any good? 

Thank you for that, ive been using the degreasers and razor wash, but it I don’t always get the results I’d like.

I’ve been looking at using the Benz lightning cleanse, as it seems simple. Is it any good? 
Yes it’s good stuff but very expensive for plastic cleans just get yourself some dairy hypochlorite from a farm supply shop costs around £13 for 20 ltr , Lightning cleanse is around £50-60 for  20 ltr , add a bit of surfactant to the dairy hypochlorite to give it some cling and slip when scrubbing cheap as chips 

Yes it’s good stuff but very expensive for plastic cleans just get yourself some dairy hypochlorite from a farm supply shop costs around £13 for 20 ltr , Lightning cleanse is around £50-60 for 20 ltr , add a bit of surfactant to the dairy hypochlorite to give it some cling and slip when scrubbing cheap as chips
Hi PJ I HAVE BEEN
Reading your advice to other guy about using hypo is this 12% or 14% so you say use it carefully at 7 parts water 1 liter hypo.
Then you recommend the other option of farm shop buy hypochlorite an lighting cleanse what mix do you do for that chum many thanks if you answer back chris from Ireland hear.

Hi PJ I HAVE BEEN
Reading your advice to other guy about using hypo is this 12% or 14% so you say use it carefully at 7 parts water 1 liter hypo.
Then you recommend the other option of farm shop buy hypochlorite a lighting cleanse what mix do you do for that chum many thanks if you answer back chris from Ireland hear.
We can only get 10% strength from the farm shop we dilute it 7-1 for plastics but guess 10-1 would still be strong enough but take longer to work . I used to get 15% strength and diluted it exactly the same the 10% one is obviously weaker but no noticeable difference in cleaning performance. Hope this helps .

looking to test that synergy pro pureseal on this level of gfs staining - wouldnt be surprised if your method works better though :)

looking to test that synergy pro pureseal on this level of gfs staining - wouldnt be surprised if your method works better though :)
Hi chum what did you think of the synergyclean how long did you get out of it i live in Belfast so don't know if they would deliver i would use SH but too scared lol an advice would be great thanks

Back