Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Have to have a vacation to get in a pub

Having mine Sunday morning. 

Myself and 5 mates are having the 17th and 18th May off,  having a full English to line the gut, then into the pub for 12 and party like it’s the end of a war ????????????????????????????????????????????????

So it doesn’t stop you passing the virus on and it doesn’t stop you catching it? Make it make sense without calling me stupid or a conspiracy nut job ? 

Having mine Sunday morning. 

Myself and 5 mates are having the 17th and 18th May off,  having a full English to line the gut, then into the pub for 12 and party like it’s the end of a war ????????????????????????????????????????????????
I knew I'd see you in this thread!!! ????

I’ve had it, my girlfriend, her mum her sister her sisters boyfriend we all had it. Her sisters boyfriend was working in London setting up the overflow mortuary’s and brought it back and we all caught it, between us we had nothing more than a bad cough and couldn’t taste food (god send with my girlfriends cooking). I’d been sat at home not earning a penny for 3 months, If I knew that was as bad as it was going to be I would never have stopped working from the start! If your old or vunrable Then by all means have it but for the likes of me I don’t think it’s needed. 

Take that anyway you like but that’s came out of the pm mouth himself!

CEECB162-BA5E-4D39-91A2-5655BC8D4BD5.png

He means the ******** company’s are out to make profit, same as every other business. Nothing wrong with that.

He isn’t saying the vaccines are only invented for profit sake

Had it but my pub won't be opening, not worth his while as the "beer garden" is small and not worth his while to open.
Same as my local. When the landlady (Anne) phoned me to let me know it won’t be opening until May, I wanted to kill her.

Theres another pub a bit further from me that is opening in April, so might investigate ?

Same as my local. When the landlady (Anne) phoned me to let me know it won’t be opening until May, I wanted to kill her.

Theres another pub a bit further from me that is opening in April, so might investigate ?
Pubs round here are taking bookings, I think it will be bedlam so will probably wait. Can't be @rsed to sit at an outside table waiting to get served.

Well here we went through a year of a liquor ban - then it got eased off to being able to buy it between 5am and 5pm only - now they are heading back to lockdown status we are heading back towards total booze bans -- 

I am not a big drinker by any stretch but the store thinks I am an alcoholic as already stocked up on 5 cases of the Smirnoff Mule and will be getting 2 more today if I can before the bans are implemented again. 

Each to their own but if you’ve been vaccinated your safe so if I don’t want it i don’t see how I’m doing you or anyone else any harm ? 
But what if you get it a second time and end up ill and with long covid not knowing what the next day brings sleeping most days and bleeding out your back passage, 

I don't want non of that, I want my life to continue as normal as can be so I can take care of family. that's the bottom line for me.

Each to their own but if you’ve been vaccinated your safe so if I don’t want it i don’t see how I’m doing you or anyone else any harm ? 
Replied to your comment elsewhere but also replying here. 

They aren’t sure about this with Covid-19 yet, but in general the below is how vaccines help even if you can still catch and transmit a virus. Also, less folk getting ill with it means less a of a burden on the NHS  

‘Transmission happens when enough viral particles from an infected person get into the body of an uninfected person. In theory, anyone infected with the coronavirus could potentially transmit it. But a vaccine will reduce the chance of this happening.

In general, if vaccination doesn’t completely prevent infection, it will significantly reduce the amount of virus coming out of your nose and mouth – a process called shedding – and shorten the time that you shed the virus. This is a big deal. A person who sheds less virus is less likely to transmit it to someone else.’

EDIT: I’ll also add not everyone can be vaccinated. So by not being vaccinated your making their lives more dangerous. Surely the decent thing to do is to do all you can to help others? 

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: I’ll also add not everyone can be vaccinated. So by not being vaccinated your making their lives more dangerous. Surely the decent thing to do is to do all you can to help others? 
Well said. Also there are people with certain conditions that make the vaccine very ineffective. My partner has blood cancer and has had first Oxford jab, there has just been a study published (pfizer vaccine) that shows only 8% of people with her condition produced any antibodies after second does!

So there are lots of people who can't have jab or it's ineffective. So anyone who can get the jab please do it as you will be helping the rest of the country get back on it's feet. 

Well said. Also there are people with certain conditions that make the vaccine very ineffective. My partner has blood cancer and has had first Oxford jab, there has just been a study published (pfizer vaccine) that shows only 8% of people with her condition produced any antibodies after second does!

So there are lots of people who can't have jab or it's ineffective. So anyone who can get the jab please do it as you will be helping the rest of the country get back on it's feet. 
And me back in the pub ?

Have a great weekend fellow windies. Pub time ???????????????????

One week closer ??

Latest Posts

Back