Look at the size of that !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the new reels have arrived today and I have connected them up to a battery and all appears to be working well , just got to get a frame made to mount them above the wheel arch . What do you think to the size of the packaging ???? I thought the delivery driver was unloading the wrong pallet !!!!!!!

8F51E2B3-137E-4385-9DFA-DEE632D62962.jpeg

0234857B-60CA-449E-B6F9-E1B37F276E60.jpeg

7A88C104-53B4-48E1-942E-CC7FF6D17E90.jpeg

2C93F7CA-A76C-4EB4-ABC9-A1F36D71CCC6.jpeg

189D93F8-7784-43F2-B3D7-41B47A312B65.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

@Pjj, Ionics have just launched their own electric reel. Since you've now had everyone on the market, can you pick one up and then compare them all for us 😜

https://www.ionicsystems.com/uk/rapido/

Lol I will give a review once the new reels are fitted in the van not sure when that will be got to phone the fabricators on Monday but not sure how long it will take to get it done or when I can afford  have the van off the road for  a day whilst they make the frame up . I don’t like the look of the controller on the ionics reels I know what they cost and it’s mega money they are very delicate as well I had the same design Controllers on my pumps years ago they looked ok but very cheap and thin plastic and they break easily . Ionics kit is usually bullet proof there fabrication and design is good I do like there kit , hopefully won’t need to replace theses latest reels for many years to come if what ones on hear say about them is true 😂😂😂 

• Like 1
windowsurfer

Thats a funny way of packaging the reels.  

I got the ionics brochure in today and see that they have an electric reel, looks tidy enough. Nice how it has rollers fitted, as my waterworks is a pest when hose goes over sides n wraps around wrong side, grrrr

58 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Well the new reels have arrived today and I have connected them up to a battery and all appears to be working well , just got to get a frame made to mount them above the wheel arch . What do you think to the size of the packaging ???? I thought the delivery driver was unloading the wrong pallet !!!!!!!

Thought it was a fruit machine at first, you might be getting as bad as Scottish 🤔🤣

They daren't send you damaged goods again, surprised there wasn't a few hundred feet of bubblewrap wrapped round them as well.

• Haha 3
58 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Thought it was a fruit machine at first, you might be getting as bad as Scottish 🤔🤣

Lol yes it does look like one doesn’t it 😂😂😂😂

scottish cleaning service
5 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Lol yes it does look like one doesn’t it 😂😂😂😂

I thought it was a Dalek and you were a trekkie. Did you upset them for a pallet that size?

12 minutes ago, Brianbarber said:

Hi PJJ

missed this topic, what make are these reels you have ?

mr B

They are pure freedom reelmaster stainless steel electric reels , hows things long time no see ????? 

12 minutes ago, Brianbarber said:

Hi PJJ

missed this topic, what make are these reels you have ?

mr B

Pure Freedom Stainless Steel Twin Stack, I've been telling him for ages to get some so finally after trying every other one he's bought the best 🤣

• Haha 2

@Pjj was it you on here before that had a really bad experience with Pure Freedom? If so I'm surprised to see this post. Did you have a change of mind? Again, assuming it was you...!?! 

28 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

@Pjj was it you on here before that had a really bad experience with Pure Freedom? If so I'm surprised to see this post. Did you have a change of mind? Again, assuming it was you...!?! 

It was him but his experiences with other reel suppliers has been even worse so he's had to eat a bit of humble pie 🤣

For everyone's sake I hope they work 😱

On 26/03/2021 at 11:44, Pjj said:

That's pretty crazy. They look like nice reels though.

3 hours ago, Pjj said:

They are pure freedom reelmaster stainless steel electric reels , hows things long time no see ????? 

Well ☝️answered my question below 😉

55 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

Yes I did one reel  was wired up wrong the other the anti snag was set so low it wouldn’t wind hose into the drum , all the nuts and bolts  were loose  it had only been hand assembled and nothing tightened up , ordered stainless steel and paid  for that and they sent powder coated reels , and bits were missing , however having tried another brand of reels the problems with them were even worse so I have bought the pure freedom ones again and they arnt fitted in the van yet but do appear to be ok , one of the managers checked everything personally before they were dispatched , time will tell when they are fitted , I will be doing a full review of them after a few months use . 

1 hour ago, Suhrly said:

While we're on about these.... @Part Timer have you ever had yours serviced yet? Mine's 3 years old now and just wondering if it needs doing?

I rang them and asked and they just said tighten chain, if required, oil chain and grease bearings. My chain was still tight and I forgot to do the other things 🤣

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I rang them and asked and they just said tighten chain, if required, oil chain and grease bearings. My chain was still tight and I forgot to do the other things 🤣

I haven't really checked those things either. Is the chain easy to get to to tighten?

18 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

I haven't really checked those things either. Is the chain easy to get to to tighten?

Yes it looks like it is easy enough undo 4 bolts on the side plate and slide it along and re tighten