Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Marks in new windows that won't come off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mwittkopp89

Hello all first time user so I apologize if I am posting this in the incorrect forum.  We had new windows installed by Pella last June and it seems its Pella policy to not clean the windows once they are done being installed so we finally got around to cleaning the windows post install.  The one window we could not get cleaned was the vinyl once installed in our master bath.  As you can see in the picture we have no idea how those marks got on it nor what actually caused them.  We have not been able to remove them with Windex or vinegar and hot water. 

We were curious if anyone had seem something like that before or if they had any recommendations on how to clean it.  Thank you! 

PXL_20210314_135441533.MP.jpg

Try bronze wool available cheapish on Amazon  / and or a scraper also available cheap fro screwfix or online - can you feel the marks by touching ? 

Hello all first time user so I apologize if I am posting this in the incorrect forum.  We had new windows installed by Pella last June and it seems its Pella policy to not clean the windows once they are done being installed so we finally got around to cleaning the windows post install.  The one window we could not get cleaned was the vinyl once installed in our master bath.  As you can see in the picture we have no idea how those marks got on it nor what actually caused them.  We have not been able to remove them with Windex or vinegar and hot water. 

We were curious if anyone had seem something like that before or if they had any recommendations on how to clean it.  Thank you! 

Contact the installer, Pella will help you with this issue.

Be very careful what you use on your new window Pella windows they are great I've done thousands of them.

Get yourself a professional window cleaner that understand Pella windows. 

Back