Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power Up 3D Hose Reel leaking

Gavin Angus

I bought the Power Up 3D hose reel in December. I have been using it for around a month but struggling with it as water is coming out of the side. Contacted Window cleaning Warehouse and they sent me rubber o rings. I asked if they could send me a video replacing the ring to fix the leak. They said they were to busy. Obviously not happy about this and wondered if anyone could help. I have a brand new van and leaking water is damaging the wood and rusting the metal. I’ll send a video to show the leak.

View attachment IMG_2551.MOV

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like they’re similar to the HD, you need to remove the circlip on the end either with circlip pliers or needle nose pliers and a small screwdriver, they can be a bit of a fiddle and take care it doesn’t pop off and disappear somewhere. Then the outer will slide off and you’ll see the two o-rings to replace on the centre spindle. 

I bought the Power Up 3D hose reel in December. I have been using it for around a month but struggling with it as water is coming out of the side. Contacted Window cleaning Warehouse and they sent me rubber o rings. I asked if they could send me a video replacing the ring to fix the leak. They said they were to busy. Obviously not happy about this and wondered if anyone could help. I have a brand new van and leaking water is damaging the wood and rusting the metal. I’ll send a video to show the leak.

View attachment 23946
My PF twin stack had a much smaller leak, the odd drip from time to time. They sent a whole new elbow out, the elbow is now a spare as I can live with the odd drip. 

View attachment 23946
Forgot Window Cleaning Wearhouse and contact Waterworks direct. They’ve got cracking customer service and will help you sort it. I brought mine with my system from a different company, but Waterworks have never had a issue supplying support and spares (they’ve just replaced the entire reel). 

https://waterworkswindowcleaning.co.uk

Bringing this back up as I had a small drip start last week, but was fine with it and hadn't got around to ordering some O rings, I really wish I had as I have a fair amount of water leaking from it today, thankfully to a point I carry old towels as cloths they become sodden and I had to wring the four of them out a few times, 

I ordered some O rings today and had to order the brass swivel from https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/products/proloc-brass-swivel-inlet I did try Screwfix and bought a mixed array of o rings I got the right size id o ring but the thickness of the o ring was too big so no good at all awaiting delivery of both items tomorrow and lesson learned,

If you have a PowerUp reel and no O rings and spare swivel I'd get them ordered asap, be prepared or prepare to fail, like me ?

*Update* 
Only discovered yesterday I also needed these Circlip Pliers  otherwise you can't get the circlip back on, thankfully the guy who was working at our house told me what I needed and I picked some up from a local diy store. 

Last edited by a moderator:
you shouldnt be getting leaks....its bad design and cheap parts with the 3d reels......they should have an industrial high pressure brass rotary joint on the side and brass fittings on the inside of the reel like the pure freedom reelmasters....

you shouldnt be getting leaks....its bad design and cheap parts with the 3d reels......they should have an industrial high pressure brass rotary joint on the side and brass fittings on the inside of the reel like the pure freedom reelmasters....
Just realised I brought up the 3D reel, post ? I just have the PowerUp reel the O rings wear out it was clear that over 2 years of use that they had reduce in size somewhat, these are wear and tear items, no different to have to replace shims on gardiners clamps on a £300+ pole,

needing to spend £10.60  on some O rings isn't the worst thing and neither is buying a new swivel for £25.08 total cost £35.68 with delivery is hardly breaking the bank to replace the PF rotary joint is £104 with the vat and delivery charge of £9.00 

Just realised I brought up the 3D reel, post ? I just have the PowerUp reel the O rings wear out it was clear that over 2 years of use that they had reduce in size somewhat, these are wear and tear items, no different to have to replace shims on gardiners clamps on a £300+ pole,

needing to spend £10.60  on some O rings isn't the worst thing and neither is buying a new swivel for £25.08 total cost £35.68 with delivery is hardly breaking the bank to replace the PF rotary joint is £104 with the vat and delivery charge of £9.00 
the difference is the rotary joint on the PF will outlast the reel...they are made for industrial use and no o rings to replace..?

the difference is the rotary joint on the PF will outlast the reel...they are made for industrial use and no o rings to replace..?
There is an o ring in it. The PF joint is susceptible to damage in the winter, if it freezes with water inside it. PF sell a repair kit for it for the joint. 

Back