Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

WFP System users - how do you get winter water?

Guest Ken

You say this year you will have to turn off so I presume you used It last year. Did it burst last year? I have a tap in garage so although cold not as cold as beaing outside will see how I go. Really need to sort out insulation for tank and van though.

Guest SafeReach

Hi chaps.

I have just set up my own LPG boiler in my van. I tried it inline with my wfp system, pure water pumped through the boiler then throughout hose to pole. Didn't work very well as the water volume through the boiler wasn't enought to keep the auto lighter lite. So then just pumped 25lt of pure water through boiler into another 25lt barrel. The result was a very hot plastic barrel of water. too hot really a bit wobbly. Worked well on a first clean I did. And when it gets colder I'll use it to keep my equipment working. Anyone else use hot pure water through a gas boiler?

Cheers

Im going to buy an oil filled radiator for the the van with a thermosat i would'nt trust a parafin heater thats disaster waiting to happen unless it has a thermostat,Its my first winter with wfp system so i'll see how it goes.

Guest colinvansmith

Think you need to pay some license or something for that.

Do you have an idea how much this license costs, because I cannot find any info in the web?

Its £500 per year they give you a special strippy hydrant key, but to this day i have never seen any builders using the proper key they basically buy a hydrant key and a stand tap and off you go

• 2 weeks later...

Hi chaps.

I have just set up my own LPG boiler in my van. I tried it inline with my wfp system, pure water pumped through the boiler then throughout hose to pole. Didn't work very well as the water volume through the boiler wasn't enought to keep the auto lighter lite. So then just pumped 25lt of pure water through boiler into another 25lt barrel. The result was a very hot plastic barrel of water. too hot really a bit wobbly. Worked well on a first clean I did. And when it gets colder I'll use it to keep my equipment working. Anyone else use hot pure water through a gas boiler?

Cheers

Hi

Am thinking of having a LPG boiler fitted to my van,just to stop it freezing up like last year,how do i proceed,would have to pay someone to fit it as i`m not very handy,any suggestions would be gratefully recieved

colin

Guest SafeReach

Hi Colin.

I bought a boiler from America on eBay. It's a a non flu type. So you don't need s flu on it as it has a safety cut off built in. It's really easy to fit. Just connect patio gas to it and pump water through and haypesto! Hot water.

I'll look for the link and post later if I find it. However there are many about that I'm sure would do the job.

Cheers

Jon

• 1 month later...
Guest ClearVue Solutions

The only prob i had last year was pipes in van freezing.

Fix - £15 oil filled heater, plug it in van on a low heat setting, leave on all ***ht if its a chilly one.

Job done.

Guest colinvansmith

The only prob i had last year was pipes in van freezing.

Fix - £15 oil filled heater, plug it in van on a low heat setting, leave on all ***ht if its a chilly one.

Job done.

my vans are parked on a main road don't have an electricity hook up

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.