Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Xero and Squeege

Tyler WIlliams

Hi Guys,

Does anyone on here use Xero or Squeegee?

We currently use Cleanerplanner for our Scheduling and it works create with Gocardless because all I have to do is click a button that says "Start Gocardless". However, Weve expanded alot recently and our accountant is really pushing us to start using Xero to keep track of our payments etc so we got it.

No i know you can link it to gocardless so it automatically takes payments when an invoiced is raised but what id like to know is once i tick a job off as done on squeegee can it create an invoice on Xero or will i have to manually input all that data after work? I believe squeegee is better than cleanerplanner for automation and features and it actually beats it pricewise too.

If any tech savvy guys can help me out that would be great! TIA

Hi Guys,

We currently use Cleanerplanner for our Scheduling and it works create with Gocardless because all I have to do is click a button that says "Start Gocardless". However, Weve expanded alot recently and our accountant is really pushing us to start using Xero to keep track of our payments etc so we got it.

No i know you can link it to gocardless so it automatically takes payments when an invoiced is raised but what id like to know is once i tick a job off as done on squeegee can it create an invoice on Xero or will i have to manually input all that data after work? I believe squeegee is better than cleanerplanner for automation and features and it actually beats it pricewise too.

Don’t know if this helps, here are the reports available for Xero on Squeegee. Best bet though is to contact them and ask to arrange a call. They’re super helpful and will explain what can be done and what is coming in the future. 

95C62E0E-FA4E-4EBF-BBC5-CAB50A05C6BB.png

Hi Guys,

I missed this, I would tell your accountant to do one and keep using CP, personally I tried Squeegee a few times and each time I came across the same issues which had apprently been sorted if you are so ingrained with CP like me there is no way I would make the switch,  CP has had almost zero issues compared to Squeegee where the list is almost endless,

CP tracks all your payments anyway so if possible I would have a sit down with your accountant and a laptop and show him, my accountant knew I had been using software for years but up until last year had really no idea how it worked and was really surprised at all it does and the tracking of payments and digital data and history if you jump ship you will lose all historical data client transactions last time a job price was increased etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed this, I would tell your accountant to do one and keep using CP, personally I tried Squeegee a few times and each time I came across the same issues which had apprently been sorted if you are so ingrained with CP like me there is no way I would make the switch,  CP has had almost zero issues compared to Squeegee where the list is almost endless,

CP tracks all your payments anyway so if possible I would have a sit down with your accountant and a laptop and show him, my accountant knew I had been using software for years but up until last year had really no idea how it worked and was really surprised at all it does and the tracking of payments and digital data and history if you jump ship you will lose all historical data client transactions last time a job price was increased etc. 
Hi mate, thanks for your reply.

After trying out squeeg.ee for the last 2 days I've decided I hate it. Cleanerplanner to me is just nice and easy and simple whereas squeegee just seems overly complicated and complex.

I think I'll take your advice and just sit with the accountant and show him it on the laptop 

After trying out squeeg.ee for the last 2 days I've decided I hate it. Cleanerplanner to me is just nice and easy and simple whereas squeegee just seems overly complicated and complex.

I think I'll take your advice and just sit with the accountant and show him it on the laptop 
Although I agree with @Iron Giant to stick with Clearplanner if you can and to keep historical records, I must say you’re really missing out giving up on Squeegee so quickly. Once you understand it it’s a amazing bit of software & being improved all the time! 

Although I agree with @Iron Giant to stick with Clearplanner if you can and to keep historical records, I must say you’re really missing out giving up on Squeegee so quickly. Once you understand it it’s a amazing bit of software & being improved all the time! 
Don't get me wrong there's some cracking features on there it just seems too messy if that makes sense?

Cleaner planner is nice and clean and simple for dummies like me ?

Don't get me wrong there's some cracking features on there it just seems too messy if that makes sense?

Cleaner planner is nice and clean and simple for dummies like me ?
Yeah I understand mate. They’ll probably need to do a redesign at some point but they’re focusing on new features at the moment (not complaining, don’t get me wrong). Maybe even have it where you can ‘hide’ features off your not using to clear it up a bit. 

Yeah I understand mate. They’ll probably need to do a redesign at some point but they’re focusing on new features at the moment (not complaining, don’t get me wrong). Maybe even have it where you can ‘hide’ features off your not using to clear it up a bit. 
Can't believe they are still messing with new features they just need to ensure everything works 100% but as the prices are only £1 cheaper for new users as CP I would hope it all does..

I couldn't get my head around it at all and when I trailed it, it just didn't work as it should and text thing talk about making something so simple complicated ?

Can't believe they are still messing with new features they just need to ensure everything works 100% but as the prices are only £1 cheaper for new users as CP I would hope it all does..

I couldn't get my head around it at all and when I trailed it, it just didn't work as it should and text thing talk about making something so simple complicated ?
What so you would rather they didn’t add new features? Back in the early days there was some issues that effected GC transactions but since then there hasn’t been anything major. Small bugs yes but you can’t tell me CP doesn’t have any at all. And the new features are insane! I’ll take a couple of small bugs (that when you report them they quickly squash) in exchange for features that cut down my admin time and make life easier!

What so you would rather they didn’t add new features? Back in the early days there was some issues that effected GC transactions but since then there hasn’t been anything major. Small bugs yes but you can’t tell me CP doesn’t have any at all. And the new features are insane! I’ll take a couple of small bugs (that when you report them they quickly squash) in exchange for features that cut down my admin time and make life easier!
What new features have they got?

The stuff I thought was great was the day pilot and the late payment reminders but everything else I couldn't get my head around

Latest Posts

Back