Pump for external tank?

Bongofish

Hi all! 

So even in my village now it's become just crazy getting some days 8 new customers a day, which has now left me with no option but to set someone on. (Still to advertise). Before I do advertise however I only have a 350l tank in the back of van and will need a bigger source of water for 2 people to go at for the day. I'm thinking another 250-400 liter tank in back garden but my question is I would need a pump to then get it in back of the van, Can anyone reccomend one and also maybe give me a very basic description of how it would work. 

Thanks all 😊👍

Purify directly into a 1000 litre IBC. Floodpump from Screwfix for around £40, your choice of 1" transfer hose and you'll be able to fill the van in minutes. You'll have logistical problems with keeping the tank dry, keeping it from freezing in winter etc.

Your biggest problem is gonna be the tank size you're working with. A newbie will drain your tank quickly. You really need to be looking at a 650L tank, 500L at an absolute push.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/03/2021 at 09:36, Bongofish said:

Hi all! 

So even in my village now it's become just crazy getting some days 8 new customers a day, which has now left me with no option but to set someone on. (Still to advertise). Before I do advertise however I only have a 350l tank in the back of van and will need a bigger source of water for 2 people to go at for the day. I'm thinking another 250-400 liter tank in back garden but my question is I would need a pump to then get it in back of the van, Can anyone reccomend one and also maybe give me a very basic description of how it would work. 

Thanks all 😊👍

I would personally recommend a second hand black ex food use IBC