Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial (School) Softwash Quote

dan.g.85

Hi all,

This is my 1st time posting but have been reading posts on here for many months and find  the advice on here very useful.

I have been asked to quote to clean all the metal pressings (fascias), structural steels and soffits on a school we have the interior cleaning and window cleaning contract for, they also want 2 poly roofs softwashed also.

I recently bought my WFP system and have a hotbox and chem injector onboard but in all honesty I am debating whether to pressure wash the metal work and just use wfp/softwash to clean the poly but any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Where im really stuck tho is whether I price this by the Meter or on time and what sort of price.

To give an Idea the end fascias are 25m, the front & back 80m and soffits 2.5m deep, the structural steels are around 10m each if this helps. 

I would have a good idea if it was residential but this would be my 1st big commercial if I get it but of course don't want to go in too cheap but also as I already have multiple contracts with the school I don't want to go in to high either in case they get offended. 

I've attached some pics

If anyone has any advice of has done something similar and could shed some light that would be great

I look forward to any feedback

Many thanks 

RHS2.jpg

RHS1.jpg

RHS 4.jpg

For a commercial like that I would be £600 a day minimum just for me but materials would increase the price. I don't bother if I get commercial jobs so usually go in quite high. fwiw

Thanks for the reply, I went and looked at it again today and was thinking maybe 2 to 3 days 3 men, 1 day for the front, 1 day for back and sides and 1 day to do roofs and no doubt windows will need a go over which are 2.4m along whole back. I have 2 reels on van and was debating if to have 2 on wfp and 1 pressure washing or pressure wash the lot except the poly. I don't know if 1800 pd will go down that well, 5400 seems a lot or is 3 days 3 men overkill?

We do a few school buildings but nothing as big as this ,but have done commercial buildings that size without the steel railings think I would spray the steels and then wfp them . The main building I would softwashing . Not sure what you mean about cleaning the roof it looks like seedom plants ???? 

Sorry diddnt have a pic of the roof so just snapped this of google earth, the roofs are extended canopy out the back but this will be the simple part of the job.

when you say spray ppj, do you mean pressure wash or use chem?

I have a fan jet nozzle that fits into my poles and I can either draw from my chem injector on the van or ive got portable constant flow canister.

If to use chem what would you guys suggest, hypo, biocidal or a TFR?

Screenshot (16).png

Thanks for the reply, I went and looked at it again today and was thinking maybe 2 to 3 days 3 men, 1 day for the front, 1 day for back and sides and 1 day to do roofs and no doubt windows will need a go over which are 2.4m along whole back. I have 2 reels on van and was debating if to have 2 on wfp and 1 pressure washing or pressure wash the lot except the poly. I don't know if 1800 pd will go down that well, 5400 seems a lot or is 3 days 3 men overkill?
You could be the cheaper quote because a bigger company will probably have vat to add.

Received my wet and forget today and got talking to the delivery driver. He was asking what it was because everyday he has begun to delivery it all over the place. Seems like no one wants moss on their roofs no more and wet and forget ticks all the boxes. Pretty expensive but if it works then its worth it, I will be spraying my porch roof again with it. So that's q-clear, hypo and now wet and forget. Will report results. ?

Sorry diddnt have a pic of the roof so just snapped this of google earth, the roofs are extended canopy out the back but this will be the simple part of the job.

when you say spray ppj, do you mean pressure wash or use chem?

I have a fan jet nozzle that fits into my poles and I can either draw from my chem injector on the van or ive got portable constant flow canister.

If to use chem what would you guys suggest, hypo, biocidal or a TFR?

View attachment 24004
I would hypo the algi and Virosol any bits that are just dirty scrub rinse pictures arnt great but it doesn’t look to bad ?? 

Back