Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

New window nerves


Recommended Posts

Right, I've got a new job and the windows are only 3 months old. They look so white and new that I'm kind of afraid to touch them. 

Is there any do's and don'ts with new windows or should I just aprreciate that I ain't gotta scrub the **** out of them on the first clean lol

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated 

Cheers 

Link to comment

Treat them the same as any first clean. If they are new keep an eye out for silicon sealer.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I must have cleaned my own windows about a 100 times before I started. Best experience I could get but I live on ground level.

Link to comment

Pre warn the customer there’s a small chance of one or two specks left on the first clean.

When the installers (my old job) have finished, they use an oily solution (similar to the stuff you spray with your wipers on your vehicle) to clean the glass to remove their finger marks etc. This sometimes takes a couple of cleans to get rid of.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

Pre warn the customer there’s a small chance of one or two specks left on the first clean.

When the installers (my old job) have finished, they use an oily solution (similar to the stuff you spray with your wipers on your vehicle) to clean the glass to remove their finger marks etc. This sometimes takes a couple of cleans to get rid of.

Yes this the sort of thing I was worried about. I normally use a bit of no nonsense degreaser on first cleans but as they looked so tidy I wasn't going to bother. Would you? For the reason you stated? 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Norf86 said:

Yes this the sort of thing I was worried about. I normally use a bit of no nonsense degreaser on first cleans but as they looked so tidy I wasn't going to bother. Would you? For the reason you stated? 

Unless there appears to be something on the frames I would just use pure water on new windows there shouldn't be any need for de greaser , if the frames have silicone oil on them de greaser won’t remove it anyway . 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I must have cleaned my own windows about a 100 times before I started. Best experience I could get but I live on ground level.

Yea that's what I did. My windows weren't 3 months old though! 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

Unless there appears to be something on the frames I would just use pure water on new windows there shouldn't be any need for de greaser , if the frames have silicone oil on them de greaser won’t remove it anyway . 

Oh OK cool. Just a good scrub and rinse, happy days 😁

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I must have cleaned my own windows about a 100 times before I started. Best experience I could get but I live on ground level.

Was this your wall 🤔

download (4).jpg

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept