New window nerves

Right, I've got a new job and the windows are only 3 months old. They look so white and new that I'm kind of afraid to touch them. 

Is there any do's and don'ts with new windows or should I just aprreciate that I ain't gotta scrub the **** out of them on the first clean lol

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated 

Cheers 

scottish cleaning service

I must have cleaned my own windows about a 100 times before I started. Best experience I could get but I live on ground level.

steve garwood

Pre warn the customer there’s a small chance of one or two specks left on the first clean.

When the installers (my old job) have finished, they use an oily solution (similar to the stuff you spray with your wipers on your vehicle) to clean the glass to remove their finger marks etc. This sometimes takes a couple of cleans to get rid of.

1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

Pre warn the customer there’s a small chance of one or two specks left on the first clean.

When the installers (my old job) have finished, they use an oily solution (similar to the stuff you spray with your wipers on your vehicle) to clean the glass to remove their finger marks etc. This sometimes takes a couple of cleans to get rid of.

Yes this the sort of thing I was worried about. I normally use a bit of no nonsense degreaser on first cleans but as they looked so tidy I wasn't going to bother. Would you? For the reason you stated? 

1 minute ago, Norf86 said:

Yes this the sort of thing I was worried about. I normally use a bit of no nonsense degreaser on first cleans but as they looked so tidy I wasn't going to bother. Would you? For the reason you stated? 

Unless there appears to be something on the frames I would just use pure water on new windows there shouldn't be any need for de greaser , if the frames have silicone oil on them de greaser won’t remove it anyway . 

1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I must have cleaned my own windows about a 100 times before I started. Best experience I could get but I live on ground level.

Yea that's what I did. My windows weren't 3 months old though! 

1 minute ago, Pjj said:

Unless there appears to be something on the frames I would just use pure water on new windows there shouldn't be any need for de greaser , if the frames have silicone oil on them de greaser won’t remove it anyway . 

Oh OK cool. Just a good scrub and rinse, happy days 😁

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Was this your wall 🤔

download (4).jpg