Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking for a gutter vac

I purchased a Panther gutter vac from Gutter Vacuum Systems a few weeks back. Really pleased with it ?? I use it on domestic work and it hasn’t yet met a job it can’t tackle ??

Sky vac mighty atom with the 51mm clamped poles, or elite poles if you have the budget and are thinking longer term

What vac would use recommend not to expensive but decent
If you are wanting to do mainly domestic homes id highly recommend using GVS - Gutter vacuum systems from Norwich 

Their flagship Predator is a beast of a machine with triple motors and large bore 51mm hose 

Or a smaller model available is the Panther 

Julia will happily best advise you if you have any questions 

@GVS Julia Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are wanting to do mainly domestic homes id highly recommended using GVS - Gutter vacuum systems from Norwich 

Their flagship Predator is a beast of a machine with triple motors and large bore 51mm hose 

Or a smaller model available is the Panther 

Julia will happily best advise you if you have any questions 

@GVS Julia Martin
Thanks for that mate il get in touch with them ?

Thanks for that mate il get in touch with them ?
Absolutely can help, thank you for the mention! 

The machine you choose will depend on the type of clears you are considering. Single motor machines like the Panther are brilliant for domestics up to town house level, but will certainly struggle on commercial clears. 

For example if you have moss, leaves, downpipe plugs and gardens in gutters on a standard domestic house, the Panther is ideal. 
Go higher than that, if you start thinking three/four storey apartments and you will be asking a lot of a single motor to pull heavy debris from height. It can be done, but it will take more of your time. That is where the triple motor vacuums come in because you really need the higher power and grunt to clear from height.

The space in your vehicle is also a factor. You may want a triple motor industrial for the speed of clearing but have a large tank, reels and other items in your vehicle restricting your space and therefore limiting which machine you can opt for.

Any questions, if you'd like to talk to us, please call us 9-5 M-F on 01603 905501 and we can see which set up will suit you and your business best.  

Kindest
Julia

Out of interest what was the height of that? If that downpipe plug is well rooted a little single motor could have limitations. Did you use the gulper nozzle on it?
Was just one level house , only been using guttervacuum  for month or 2, probably lacking the technique at the moment, never mind I have lent my brothers bigger machine so hopefully that gets it out ,  very pleased with the panther great kit , as you says above van space , I only have lwb berlingo, 

Was just one level house , only been using guttervacuum  for month or 2, probably lacking the technique at the moment, never mind I have lent my brothers bigger machine so hopefully that gets it out ,  very pleased with the panther great kit , as you says above van space , I only have lwb berlingo, 
Different debris will take different techniques.  Have a look at this video below using the gulper, the technique of breaking up the clumps around the plug will reduce it in size. It would then be a case of keep stabbing at it with the nozzle until it locks on allowing you to agitate it and remove it. 

Obviously it's hard to tell from the ground if there is any felt overlapping up there where off shoots could have gone under or how far into the bend the blockage goes. 

Vacs are a great tool which will keep you on the ground for longer, but even with the best vac in the world there will be instances where you will have to get a ladder out ?

Really glad you're pleased overall with your equipment, if you ever need any advice on techniques etc you know you can always call us

On 06/04/2021 at 19:03, GVS Julia Martin said:

Different debris will take different techniques.  Have a look at this video below using the gulper, the technique of breaking up the clumps around the plug will reduce it in size. It would then be a case of keep stabbing at it with the nozzle until it locks on allowing you to agitate it and remove it. 

Obviously it's hard to tell from the ground if there is any felt overlapping up there where off shoots could have gone under or how far into the bend the blockage goes. 

Vacs are a great tool which will keep you on the ground for longer, but even with the best vac in the world there will be instances where you will have to get a ladder out ?

Really glad you're pleased overall with your equipment, if you ever need any advice on techniques etc you know you can always call us

Ladder job , don’t think any gutter vacuum would of got it out was well jammed 

7D94FE9A-2206-446D-94D5-89CFA12FAF5E.jpeg

Ladder job , don’t think any gutter vacuum would of got it out was well jammed 

View attachment 24110
You'd be surprised ?
No vac will pull every type of downpipe blockage out, a 5ft blockage from a downpipe is a ladder job and taking the sections apart, but we've pulled and seen a few well compacted foot-2foot lengths removed from straight downpipes with a vac - a good lock on with the nozzle and a solid suction from a high powered triple motor machine and it can be done.   

One of our customers in fact - the image is further down on our Instagram page, pulled a 4kg lump from a downpipe, 32ft from the ground, that was with the GVS 3600, no way that would be accomplished with a single motor machine but it gives perspective.

Our Sky Vac Industrial has pulled bigger lumps then that out, pulled one out of a gutter 30+' up that had roots 4' long. But as @GVS Julia Martin said you need a vac with plenty of power and whilst yours is good, for 99% of your jobs, it won't do everything. Getting up ladders every now and again isn't a major issue though.

I’ve got the sky vac atom, probably only done 30/40 gutters with it so far but all been domestic and honestly it is great! I’m not aiming for commercial work yet I don’t know any where near enough to dream about that but I’d happily say if your just wanting domestic houses save the money and just get the atom! I’ve had it at full reach with all poles connected and it’s still done the job for what I’ve needed, don’t get me wrong it looked like I had a big fish on the end of a fishing rod when at full reach with the bow but it did manage haha 

Back