Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Durable Medium Sill Brush

Inked

As the title suggests really.

Is there a hard wearing but light in weight sill brush out there?

All the light sill brushes I come across seem to be too soft so don't give a good scrub on first cleans and don't last very long.

Gardiner UNIVERSAL SILL 35CM BRUSH - FLOCKED

best brush by far, no need to scrub on first cleans with this brush. May be more expensive than others, but the brush lasts ages so more cost effective in the long run

Gardiner UNIVERSAL SILL 35CM BRUSH - FLOCKED

best brush by far, no need to scrub on first cleans with this brush. May be more expensive than others, but the brush lasts ages so more cost effective in the long run
Thanks

Do you mean this brush:

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/universaltm-35cm-sill-brush-flocked.html

The thing with Gardiner is that they use that square fitting and I always need to bodge another fitting on them because they stopped selling the adapter

Which pole do you use? Could you not buy the gooseneck with the quick lock? 
I use a mixture of poles from unger, ionics and even a no name brand that gets used every so often. I almost bought a Gardiner one but the pre sales I had from them turned me off.

I think it was the gooseneck that they sold as a adapter but they stopped selling it (probably to push sales to there poles like apple would do...lol).

The Gardiner poles are very good, I’m surprised you haven’t got one with all those poles in your collection. The brushes are great too. The customer service is excellent. But obviously their brushes go with their poles. I’m sure you can get an adaptor to try their brushes. I like the extreme sill brush it’s my daily brush. 

I get extremely good wear from the Extreme non flocked sill brush, at least six to twelve months. But I've recently started using the Supreme Tapertec Hybrid. It's not a sill brush as such but it has quite long bristles and is good for sills. It is better than the Extreme Sill for removing spider nests from corners.

I get extremely good wear from the Extreme non flocked sill brush, at least six to twelve months. But I've recently started using the Supreme Tapertec Hybrid. It's not a sill brush as such but it has quite long bristles and is good for sills. It is better than the Extreme Sill for removing spider nests from corners.
I’ve bought that brush @Davy G not used it yet. I’m starting to get a collection going?. Do you prefer it to extreme sill? I must say I do like the extreme sill, so light

I’ve bought that brush @Davy G not used it yet. I’m starting to get a collection going?. Do you prefer it to extreme sill? I must say I do like the extreme sill, so light
Hi @JangoI preferred the Extreme Sill for feel. If that makes sense. It felt a tiny bit lighter, with faster glide and was on the face of it a faster, more nippy brush to use. The shorter bristles meant the stock was slightly closer to the line of the pole which made the swivel action feel more instant and sharp to use. However I found it wasn't very good for removing spider nests. The Supreme is not quite as nippy but makes up for it in the ability to remove spider nests easier, quicker and with less frustration. Probably not a whole lot really to choose one over the other. That's my experience anyway. Hope it sense. ?

No but it's not surprising you think so ?
LOL

Q. what's the best brush? A. Out comes the Gardiner's catalogue of brushes.

Q. What pole should I use? A. A list of Gardiner's poles.

Q. What backpack should I get (is the bigboy any good)? A. You can't go wrong with the Gardiner's backpack.

Q. I use a X brand of equipment. A. Scrap it and get a Gardiner's one.

I think I just answered a lot of the threads in this post ?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Inked I have the X-line 26cm mono. It’s a good brush, scrubs well. Pretty heavy though. I use it for first cleans and sometimes over winter but compared to an Xtreme brush it feels like a brick. The rinse bar is useless get jets. 

I use a mixture of poles from unger, ionics and even a no name brand that gets used every so often. I almost bought a Gardiner one but the pre sales I had from them turned me off.

I think it was the gooseneck that they sold as a adapter but they stopped selling it (probably to push sales to there poles like apple would do...lol).
Surely you would just buy one of these???????????? So simple  

7255DE3E-B346-4564-BF88-04BF5B64E75B.jpeg

Hi @JangoI preferred the Extreme Sill for feel. If that makes sense. It felt a tiny bit lighter, with faster glide and was on the face of it a faster, more nippy brush to use. The shorter bristles meant the stock was slightly closer to the line of the pole which made the swivel action feel more instant and sharp to use. However I found it wasn't very good for removing spider nests. The Supreme is not quite as nippy but makes up for it in the ability to remove spider nests easier, quicker and with less frustration. Probably not a whole lot really to choose one over the other. That's my experience anyway. Hope it sense. ?
Yes I totally get what you say. It can be difficult to get spider webs. 

LOL

Q. what's the best brush? A. Out comes the Gardiner's catalogue of brushes.

Q. What pole should I use? A. A list of Gardiner's poles.

Q. What backpack should I get (is the bigboy any good)? A. You can't go wrong with the Gardiner's backpack.

Q. I use a X brand of equipment. A. Scrap it and get a Gardiner's one.

I think I just answered a lot of the threads in this post ?
Nobody is telling you to scrap any pole. I’m saying with all those poles I thought you would have one. It’s  no point asking for advice then when people offer it, you don’t like it. Choose your own stuff then come on here and give us your options. Everybody’s thoughts and opinions help us all. 

Latest Posts

Back