Jump to content

Homemade pole idea....


Recommended Posts

Has anyone made their own short pole? 

I was thinking of getting a Clx 4 for ground level work and tight spaces but they are out of stock atm. I'm now thinking of making my own. I know you can get carbon fibre 1 metre poles on ebay. Just curious to see if anyone has ever done this and if so maybe they can post some pics of their work?

Or maybe someone has one to sell?? 

Cheers 

Link to post
windowsurfer

Sometimes I take top section of pole off n just use that. But I now have a clx4, I would say I prefer using the clx10 though, as can use weight of pole to help with the scrub

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
31 minutes ago, Norf86 said:

Has anyone made their own short pole? 

I was thinking of getting a Clx 4 for ground level work and tight spaces but they are out of stock atm. I'm now thinking of making my own. I know you can get carbon fibre 1 metre poles on ebay. Just curious to see if anyone has ever done this and if so maybe they can post some pics of their work?

Or maybe someone has one to sell?? 

Cheers 

I have the clx4 but I would certainly go for the 10 like the comment below states. It’s sometimes just a little too short. 

Link to post

Yea I did wonder if it may feel a bit too light. I'm 6'3 so got a good reach anyway. Trouble is I want a slx 18 as well but don't wanna spend out on both so was thinking about making a short one. 

Was hoping someone might have a prototype for me to copy! Where's Pjj?? he's normally a resourceful kind of fella

Link to post
20 minutes ago, Norf86 said:

Yea I did wonder if it may feel a bit too light. I'm 6'3 so got a good reach anyway. Trouble is I want a slx 18 as well but don't wanna spend out on both so was thinking about making a short one. 

Was hoping someone might have a prototype for me to copy! Where's Pjj?? he's normally a resourceful kind of fella

If you can reach the corners with your hand just connect a brush to water and use that.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

If you can reach the corners with your hand just connect a brush to water and use that.

I ended up doing this the other day. Was a bit awkward going low on patio doors. Do you use something similar for ground level work? 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Norf86 said:

I ended up doing this the other day. Was a bit awkward going low on patio doors. Do you use something similar for ground level work? 

No, I'm 6'5 and if I bend that far down I doubt I'd get back up again. We have 6 poles in the van already so another pole would just be another to get in the way.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
15 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

No, I'm 6'5 and if I bend that far down I doubt I'd get back up again. We have 6 poles in the van already so another pole would just be another to get in the way.

Haha yea I know what you mean! 

Link to post

I love my little clx4 especially when you have 5 bungalows on the bounce I even have an ultimate brush on it instead on my usual extreme brushes 😂😂😂

Link to post

I only use my clx4 for cleaning my van and car...IMO they are too short for anything else...a clx 10 would be a better option for bungalows but even then I dont see the point when a 25ft Gardiner pole has such a short closed length....

 

I did make a short wfp years ago out of an unger option trad pole but i prefer the clx 4 for cleaning my vehicles.....

 

Link to post

My wife uses a short 4ft x-line pole, as she only does downstairs. 
I can’t stand the thing , it just feels so unbalanced. 
She loves it though as it weighs next to nothing. 🤔

Link to post
2 hours ago, Norf86 said:

Yea I did wonder if it may feel a bit too light. I'm 6'3 so got a good reach anyway. Trouble is I want a slx 18 as well but don't wanna spend out on both so was thinking about making a short one. 

Was hoping someone might have a prototype for me to copy! Where's Pjj?? he's normally a resourceful kind of fella

The shortest pole we use is 18 six , but agree a 10 ft would be useful for some bungalows and mobile homes , think I might take a look and see what Gardiners do in shorter poles 😂😂😂

Link to post
29 minutes ago, Pjj said:

The shortest pole we use is 18 six , but agree a 10 ft would be useful for some bungalows and mobile homes , think I might take a look and see what Gardiners do in shorter poles 😂😂😂

HI @PjjI had an email conversation with Alex G a while back. I was looking for a pole for washing our vehicles and also bungalows and I asked for his opinion. I was thinking of the either the CLX 4 or 10ft. He said that in his opinion the 10 would be a better option for that bit of extra length which would definitely be useful at times. I believe he was right though I haven't bought one yet. The 22 is just so handy and light and packs nice and short plus I just payed out for a second Extreme 22 . I will get a CLX 10 at some point. Just sharing the benefit of my research discussion with A G. 🙂

Edited by Davy G
Link to post
23 minutes ago, Pjj said:

The shortest pole we use is 18 six , but agree a 10 ft would be useful for some bungalows and mobile homes , think I might take a look and see what Gardiners do in shorter poles 😂😂😂

I've waited all night for an insightful answer for a go to method of making my own pole and this is what I get?? Scandalous 😂😂

  • Haha 2
Link to post
5 minutes ago, Davy G said:

HI @PjjI had an email conversation with Alex G a while back. I was looking for a pole for washing our vehicles and also bungalows and I asked for his opinion. I was thinking of the either the CLX 4 or 10ft. He said that in his opinion the 10 would be a better option for that bit of extra length which would definitely be useful at times. I believe he was right though I haven't bought one yet. The 22 is just so handy and light and packs nice and short plus I just payed out for a second Extreme 22 . I will get a CLX 10 at some point. Just sharing the benefit of my research discussion with A G. 🙂

I think I'll go for a Clx 10.... Once I've recovered from paying out for a slx 18 🙄

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Davy G said:

HI @PjjI had an email conversation with Alex G a while back. I was looking for a pole for washing our vehicles and also bungalows and I asked for his opinion. I was thinking of the either the CLX 4 or 10ft. He said that in his opinion the 10 would be a better option for that bit of extra length which would definitely be useful at times. I believe he was right though I haven't bought one yet. The 22 is just so handy and light and packs nice and short plus I just payed out for a second Extreme 22 . I will get a CLX 10 at some point. Just sharing the benefit of my discussion with A G. 🙂

I have a ionics 4 ft pole that they gave me 17 years ago when I had my first system , it’s fibreglass , only ever used it for cleaning the van but it’s to short 😂😂😂 .

I have an extream 22 as my everyday pole , but on some bungalows and mobile home parks it’s overkill and feel a cheaper pole would be better save waring  out a £600 pole on stuff like that  , having said that we have a few bungalows  that we do that due to the slope of the land and v lux windiws we use an extream 35 on and it only just reaches 😂😂😂

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Den said:

Out of all the bungelows I clean only one Is a bit of a stretch for my clx4 you all must clean giants bungalows 😂😂 

Quite a few have roof windows. 👍

Link to post
Green Pro Clean Ltd

Well, it's not carbon, or even glass fiber but this was my homemade pole a while ago made from an old Harris Painters pole.  Not sure if any help to you but this worked great, especially on gutter cleans and the like as you could be quite aggressive with it.  

Not everyone's cup of tea but here's a share anyway. 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWqZpywcDT0

 

Edited by Green Pro Clean Ltd
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.