Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Homemade pole idea....

Norf86

Has anyone made their own short pole? 

I was thinking of getting a Clx 4 for ground level work and tight spaces but they are out of stock atm. I'm now thinking of making my own. I know you can get carbon fibre 1 metre poles on ebay. Just curious to see if anyone has ever done this and if so maybe they can post some pics of their work?

Or maybe someone has one to sell?? 

Cheers 

Has anyone made their own short pole? 

I was thinking of getting a Clx 4 for ground level work and tight spaces but they are out of stock atm. I'm now thinking of making my own. I know you can get carbon fibre 1 metre poles on ebay. Just curious to see if anyone has ever done this and if so maybe they can post some pics of their work?

Or maybe someone has one to sell?? 

Cheers 
I have the clx4 but I would certainly go for the 10 like the comment below states. It’s sometimes just a little too short. 

Yea I did wonder if it may feel a bit too light. I'm 6'3 so got a good reach anyway. Trouble is I want a slx 18 as well but don't wanna spend out on both so was thinking about making a short one. 

Was hoping someone might have a prototype for me to copy! Where's Pjj?? he's normally a resourceful kind of fella

Yea I did wonder if it may feel a bit too light. I'm 6'3 so got a good reach anyway. Trouble is I want a slx 18 as well but don't wanna spend out on both so was thinking about making a short one. 

Was hoping someone might have a prototype for me to copy! Where's Pjj?? he's normally a resourceful kind of fella
If you can reach the corners with your hand just connect a brush to water and use that.

I love my little clx4 especially when you have 5 bungalows on the bounce I even have an ultimate brush on it instead on my usual extreme brushes ???

I only use my clx4 for cleaning my van and car...IMO they are too short for anything else...a clx 10 would be a better option for bungalows but even then I dont see the point when a 25ft Gardiner pole has such a short closed length....

I did make a short wfp years ago out of an unger option trad pole but i prefer the clx 4 for cleaning my vehicles.....

My wife uses a short 4ft x-line pole, as she only does downstairs. 
I can’t stand the thing , it just feels so unbalanced. 
She loves it though as it weighs next to nothing. ?

The shortest pole we use is 18 six , but agree a 10 ft would be useful for some bungalows and mobile homes , think I might take a look and see what Gardiners do in shorter poles ???

The shortest pole we use is 18 six , but agree a 10 ft would be useful for some bungalows and mobile homes , think I might take a look and see what Gardiners do in shorter poles ???
HI @PjjI had an email conversation with Alex G a while back. I was looking for a pole for washing our vehicles and also bungalows and I asked for his opinion. I was thinking of the either the CLX 4 or 10ft. He said that in his opinion the 10 would be a better option for that bit of extra length which would definitely be useful at times. I believe he was right though I haven't bought one yet. The 22 is just so handy and light and packs nice and short plus I just payed out for a second Extreme 22 . I will get a CLX 10 at some point. Just sharing the benefit of my research discussion with A G. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've waited all night for an insightful answer for a go to method of making my own pole and this is what I get?? Scandalous ??

HI @PjjI had an email conversation with Alex G a while back. I was looking for a pole for washing our vehicles and also bungalows and I asked for his opinion. I was thinking of the either the CLX 4 or 10ft. He said that in his opinion the 10 would be a better option for that bit of extra length which would definitely be useful at times. I believe he was right though I haven't bought one yet. The 22 is just so handy and light and packs nice and short plus I just payed out for a second Extreme 22 . I will get a CLX 10 at some point. Just sharing the benefit of my research discussion with A G. ?
I think I'll go for a Clx 10.... Once I've recovered from paying out for a slx 18 ?

HI @PjjI had an email conversation with Alex G a while back. I was looking for a pole for washing our vehicles and also bungalows and I asked for his opinion. I was thinking of the either the CLX 4 or 10ft. He said that in his opinion the 10 would be a better option for that bit of extra length which would definitely be useful at times. I believe he was right though I haven't bought one yet. The 22 is just so handy and light and packs nice and short plus I just payed out for a second Extreme 22 . I will get a CLX 10 at some point. Just sharing the benefit of my discussion with A G. ?
I have a ionics 4 ft pole that they gave me 17 years ago when I had my first system , it’s fibreglass , only ever used it for cleaning the van but it’s to short ??? .

I have an extream 22 as my everyday pole , but on some bungalows and mobile home parks it’s overkill and feel a cheaper pole would be better save waring  out a £600 pole on stuff like that  , having said that we have a few bungalows  that we do that due to the slope of the land and v lux windiws we use an extream 35 on and it only just reaches ???

Out of all the bungelows I clean only one Is a bit of a stretch for my clx4 you all must clean giants bungalows ?? 

Well, it's not carbon, or even glass fiber but this was my homemade pole a while ago made from an old Harris Painters pole.  Not sure if any help to you but this worked great, especially on gutter cleans and the like as you could be quite aggressive with it.  

Not everyone's cup of tea but here's a share anyway. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWqZpywcDT0

Last edited by a moderator:
Back