Homemade pole idea....

1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

I thought you were more like 7'5 when we met 

I was meeting someone in a back lane after so had my heels on

• Haha 2
Just now, Part Timer said:

Now lockdown is easing, you can get back at it meeting strange men in car parks 🥰

steve garwood
11 hours ago, dazmond said:

I only use my clx4 for cleaning my van and car...IMO they are too short for anything else...a clx 10 would be a better option for bungalows but even then I dont see the point when a 25ft Gardiner pole has such a short closed length....

I did make a short wfp years ago out of an unger option trad pole but i prefer the clx 4 for cleaning my vehicles.....

What brush do you use when cleaning your vehicles please?

My van and car are black, which is the worst for showing swirls in the paintwork.

Just sick of cleaning my van using double buckets, pressure washer etc

3 hours ago, steve garwood said:

My van and car are black, which is the worst for showing swirls in the paintwork.

I use an xline flocked mate.i have a brand new black golf GTD at the moment and you cant get away from swirl marks but I'm not bothered as I give them back after 3 years as their leased..my van is white so you cant see them....

They easily buff out with the right gear apparently but I never bother....

scottish cleaning service

My van is 12yrs old so I just use the wfp and whatever brush is on it. When I get my new van I'll probably continue doing so as I'm not to concerned as long as its clean and tidy.

6 hours ago, Part Timer said:

The truth always comes out...

🤣🤣

This is one i made, literally just a decorators pole with a bit of pole hose, a ballstopper to stop hose dissapearing up pole, a gooseneck nomore nailed into the end.

Ive got 1 day where i do 21 bungalows and 1 house, i use this on all the bungalows.

20210405_082544.jpg

• Like 3
5 hours ago, HWCS said:

This is one i made, literally just a decorators pole with a bit of pole hose, a ballstopper to stop hose dissapearing up pole, a gooseneck nomore nailed into the end.

Ive got 1 day where i do 21 bungalows and 1 house, i use this on all the bungalows.

20210405_082544.jpg

Nice one, quite simple really! Off to b and q 👍 

Crystalalan
On 03/04/2021 at 17:50, Jango said:

I have the clx4 but I would certainly go for the 10 like the comment below states. It’s sometimes just a little too short. 

Also I find the circumference too skinny. It dosnt help when you have really long fingers.🤣

On 03/04/2021 at 17:17, Norf86 said:

Has anyone made their own short pole? 

I was thinking of getting a Clx 4 for ground level work and tight spaces but they are out of stock atm. I'm now thinking of making my own. I know you can get carbon fibre 1 metre poles on ebay. Just curious to see if anyone has ever done this and if so maybe they can post some pics of their work?

Or maybe someone has one to sell?? 

Cheers 

If you want a short yet robust pole I personally use an Unger Nlite One section for all ground level work

Yes it's glass fibre yet it's strong and served me well for 5 years 

Green Pro Clean Ltd
On 04/04/2021 at 14:58, steve garwood said:

Honestly mate, I take mine to the local Polish car wash for £20 - Gun metal Gray on the Van and silver on the Landrover and no swirl mark issues. 

• Thanks 1
steve garwood
1 hour ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Honestly mate, I take mine to the local Polish car wash for £20 - Gun metal Gray on the Van and silver on the Landrover and no swirl mark issues. 

Been told that silver and Grey are the best colours for not showing swirls

On 03/04/2021 at 23:58, steve garwood said:

Just a suggestion since you have black vechicals I would polish out the swirls and then start using a  spray foamer attached to your pressure washer from now on then no need to mess up the paint.

"Spray foamer for auto detailing" search on web should get you what you need, they work great. 

steve garwood
15 minutes ago, swc1 said:

Just a suggestion since you have black vechicals I would polish out the swirls and then start using a  spray foamer attached to your pressure washer from now on then no need to mess up the paint.

"Spray foamer for auto detailing" search on web should get you what you need, they work great. 

Have a spray foam gun thanks 👍

Green Pro Clean Ltd
On 06/04/2021 at 13:26, steve garwood said:

Been told that silver and Grey are the best colours for not showing swirls

I can see that in a light gray but a dark gray?  but hey? I'm no expert on car paints!

On 04/04/2021 at 03:21, dazmond said:

They easily buff out with the right gear apparently but I never bother....

Yup swirls, minor scratches are easily taken care of with the products and time...

20+ years owning Auto detailing company.

If anyone has questions feel free to PM...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1