Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can I reduce size of pole quickly?

Jonny 67

Apologies if this appears to be obvious ?. Can I use a 25' slx or xtreme as a four section pole. I'm thinking tailless with a removable rubber end on the fourth section, which would allow for the fifth section to be added quickly. TIA

Apologies if this appears to be obvious ?. Can I use a 25' slx or xtreme as a four section pole. I'm thinking tailless with a removable rubber end on the fourth section, which would allow for the fifth section to be added quickly. TIA
Not advised by Gardiner as the internal sections aren’t insulated against electricity. You’d be better buying a smaller pole & then also buying a extension so as to insulate them. Maybe even talk to Gardiner and see if they can send you a pole with a couple of insulated sections rather than normal ones? Don’t know if they would do that. 

Next time you buy a pole, assuming it's a Gardiner pole, buy an 18' pole then buy however many extension sections you need. You will then have a pole you can use safely as each extension section will be insulated.

I use extreme 22 as 18 now. 18 wasn't in stock when it was needed. However I'll be buying Extreeme18 as soon is in stock and keep this as 22 for few windows a week (and as a spare).

Back