Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

who uses a pump sprayer for chemicals?

Amazin

I do have Gardiner's backpack but would like to keep it pure water only just incase it might mess it up. If I connect the pump sprayer to the pole, will it pump enough pressure to send it all the way to reach gutters and fasica cleans? How long will the pump last before you need to pump it up again?

sprayer.png

It'll do fine, I have an old Hozelock which I use and it works well. You do have to pump it up occasionally but not too often. I cut the hose and fitted it with a valve and rectus fittings, I can use mine with the original lance or a pole that I have put a fan jet on for higher fascias etc.

I do have Gardiner's backpack but would like to keep it pure water only just incase it might mess it up. If I connect the pump sprayer to the pole, will it pump enough pressure to send it all the way to reach gutters and fasica cleans? How long will the pump last before you need to pump it up again?

View attachment 24063
I use a cheap Wilkos one. I just snipped the Lance off and fitted a female rectus, connect to pole, jobs a good un ????‍?

Hope the one for chemical is still alive!
I see no reason why it wouldn't be. They are designed primarily for chemicals, surely? Weedkiller and other chemicals. I know it voids the warranty. That's not right, in my opinion as it is their main use they are sold and bought for.

However my experience : I'm on my second backpack now, having got over four years from the first one. I only use them for my soap/chemical mix.I dont rinse them out. I don't empty them between jobs.

Don't be afraid, what's the worse that can happen? ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I Have never used anything but pure in mine but after 5 years of use the pump as just given up not bad for 5 years  not gused much the last three years but still excellent value ? think I will put a cheapo CHinese pump in it. 

ive got a f/s/g clean to squeeze in tomorrow along with my regular work...just filled my backpack up with a glug of virosol and the rest water.....ill plug my pole in and give the gutters/fascias a good covering,leave for a few mins and scrub and rinse with my hot pure..job done....easy peasy.....

I have an 8L sprayer which I purchased from a car wash supply company and it is chemical rated which has no issues with Sodium hypochlorite, pesticides, fungicides or insecticides

Also I have a 60L ATV boom sprayer system I use with a 20m braided hose and your typical handheld trigger lance and it has a chemical rated pump fiited

Back