Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Gardiner extreme sill brush 35cm... Anyone use them?

Baldmonkey

As the title starts, does anyone use these and what do they think? I use the 35cm universal sill brush as my go to daily brush on a slx22. 

I'm looking to shave some weight but still need good cleaning power and coverage as I have my system on a high flow as I work work fast too... Thoughts? 

I doubt anyone has any experience with the 35cm extreme sill, they’ve just come out. 
I tried the 26cm extreme sill but wasnt impressed

-the bristles didn’t extend far enough on the edges of the brush so difficult cleaning edges/corners. It’ll be especially noticeable coming from the universals which are excellent for that. 

-the bumpers wore out quickly, and the lack of bristles meant I was constantly knocking the brush against reveals/sills etc

-the fewer bristles were great for weight saving, but found I was scrubbing more so ended up being more work/tiring.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just seen the new brushes,ive been wanting to get a 35cm Part Timer uses the taper tech a lot, i was going to go for that,and was thinking,will i have a prob with sills,i think he manages ok though,but hey prestoe on visiting the site today a sill version,only prob now is theres also a 35 sill flocked.ive been using the flocked univrsal and the leaded flocked for the last couple of months they are my favoret every day brushes.I dont know whats a girl to do? Which one should i get?Maybe the 35 universal, i know its heavyer,but which one,s gonna make me faster?

For me the standard 26cm xtreme brushes and the 23cm supreme brushes are the best for most of my everyday regular work....

You really dont want anything too heavy on the end of your poles very often...

I will use SL brushes sometimes too for dirty first cleans or a very infrequent clean but not all day every day!👍🙂

Just now, Diamond geezer said:

S L superlite? have you used ,or do you own a 35cm

I've got a 35cm ultimate brush but I only use it for an artwork clean on a main road....

The problem I've had with 35cm brushes is I invariably found it hard to clean certain upper narrow windows which just negated using it in the first place...also the extra weight was undesirable...

• Like 1

The 35 Tapertec and swivel with the correct technique will do sills and is lighter than most 26's

• Like 2

Been using the 35cm extreme brush for around a week and it’s good. I’m using it with a rinse bar and it works perfectly. 

it’s got it’s place in my van but still prefer the universal and sill brush. 

Going back to a sill brush tomorrow as I still think it’s my favourite. 

• Like 2

I like the 35cm extreme medium with rinsebar but Gardiner have stopped making that brush I do have the 35cm extreme DuPont tapertec but haven’t tried that with the rinsebar yet. 

I'm loving the Supreme Dupont at the minute. But I'm really wanting to try a rinse bar. Does anybody rinse on with the rinse bar?

• Agree 1
15 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

I'm loving the Supreme Dupont at the minute. But I'm really wanting to try a rinse bar. Does anybody rinse on with the rinse bar?

I haven’t found any rinse bar that works well yet and I have tried a few 

15 hours ago, Pjj said:

I haven’t found any rinse bar that works well yet and I have tried a few 

Ahhh disappointing. What it is about them that doesn't work well? You have tried the new(ish) Gardiner one I'm guessing?

Just now, Suhrly said:

Ahhh disappointing. What it is about them that doesn't work well? You have tried the new(ish) Gardiner one I'm guessing?

I find the ones above the brush hit and spray water on lintels causing problems, and the ones in the bristles hits the raised part of the frames , I have used Gardiner’s , Ionic’s , xline  didn’t find any of them any good . 

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

I've never used a rinse bar but I would have thought they were best suited to conny roofs and maybe large commercial glass.

We tried one on jobs 4 floors or higher to save on energy sapping rinsing but didn't last long.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.