Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oily on top of my pure?

Bongofish

Hey all!

I got an outside 210l water butt to store a supply of pure in and then use a flood pump to pump into the tank in the back of the van for days I run short. I was going to get a normal tank for back garden until another window cleaner reccomended the water butt and to be fair it does the job great and for £40 from wicks. However when I looked at the water today in there it seems to have a slightly oily appearance at the top. The TDS is still coming back at 0 though. Think it's ok to still use the water? 

I washed the water butt out before use and cleaned the flood pump down before putting it in ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all!

I got an outside 210l water butt to store a supply of pure in and then use a flood pump to pump into the tank in the back of the van for days I run short. I was going to get a normal tank for back garden until another window cleaner reccomended the water butt and to be fair it does the job great and for £40 from wicks. However when I looked at the water today in there it seems to have a slightly oily appearance at the top. The TDS is still coming back at 0 though. Think it's ok to still use the water? 

I washed the water butt out before use and cleaned the flood pump down before putting it in ?
Try it on your windows first

If it’s reading 000 then it should be ok ,I think I would just skim the surface of the water off. 

Hey all!

If you have oil residue in the water it could be a sign that the pump you are using is leaking lubricant from is shaft seals which support the impeller 

Back