Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Happy Easter! - my flyer design

Just wishing everyone a happy Easter!

As you know I’m just starting out! I have been busy researching and designing my logo and leaflets and of course had my first review on my Facebook page!!! ???✅

please comment / positive / negative feedback on my leaflet / flyer design (I’ll be door to door canvassing rather than just putting leaflets through the door) 

kind regards,

Mike

View attachment 24075

A few of points that might be worth looking at.

On the front page would it be better to put tel on one line and email below instead of splitting it mid line?

On back page why are the vertical lines of logo missing?

Again the first line of your services is split over 2 lines when it would fit on one.

Overall maybe make text a bit bigger where you can.

Let us know how you get on canvassing door to door.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's bold and would benefit from a better text font. It looks very list like. Have you rendered this yourself or are you using an online provider? 

Don't be scared of using colour or images to visually attract the eye.

Here's mine which I make myself using publisher and I can upload it straight to my printers website and hit order.

Obviously my contact details are on it but for here they are removed 

20210405_230001.jpg

It's bold and would benefit from a better text font. It looks very list like. Have you rendered this yourself or are you using an online provider? 

Don't be scared of using colour or images to visually attract the eye.

Here's mine which I make myself using publisher and I can upload it straight to my printers website and hit order.

Obviously my contact details are on it but for here they are removed 

View attachment 24085
That's a new one, never seen "hot tub" cleaning advertised before. I have however seen how dirty some of them get.

Thanks for the advice!

i’m using vista print, online!

is publisher for free how easy is it to use? 

yes I need to change the font a bit and have the logo sorted out at the back and great tip on putting email and tel on different lines! 

That's a new one, never seen "hot tub" cleaning advertised before. I have however seen how dirty some of them get.
Good evening Richard. Hope you are well mate.

Yes when lockdown finally slopes off and from the 12th April holiday lets here in Devon will bronce back and with weekly changeover periods and guest changes hot tubs have to be drained and cleaned regularly as the hygiene of the guest and water quality regardless of chemicals needs to be 100% safe. 

With the ladies and maybe some men their heavy caked on make up and sun lotion stains the tubs and leaves thick scum lines so it's a good add service.

1, pump out 

2, spray & clean 

3, drain 

4, refill 

And the letting agency or owner is responsible for monthly filter changes and chemical use 

Thanks for the advice!

i’m using vista print, online!

is publisher for free how easy is it to use? 

yes I need to change the font a bit and have the logo sorted out at the back and great tip on putting email and tel on different lines! 
Good evening. If you already have Microsoft Office you should already have it installed.

Its very easy to use. Basically type, drag & drop

If you choose your format first by either portrait or landscape 

Then paper size, mine is A5 

Then start designing 

Stay within the bleed line boarders and when you save select jpeg 

Vistaprint won't alter it and you can select place order without hassle 

Kind regards Austin 

I've been chatting with Mike. Met up b4, now , the question is , he's trying to start up WFP.  Now backpacks are not available atm, Gardiner and Bigboy. What's he's best route, trolley system? If so what 1 would you advise on limited budget, 
Follow Austin's/ @Apw1210 trolley design thread. Have a search and I am sure it will come up. He included a parts list and wiring diagram I think.

I've been chatting with Mike. Met up b4, now , the question is , he's trying to start up WFP.  Now backpacks are not available atm, Gardiner and Bigboy. What's he's best route, trolley system? If so what 1 would you advise on limited budget, 
If absolutely desperate buy a small diaphragm pump battery and DA Components mini flow controller and encase it in a lunch box and use a standard 25L water container or build a super flash trolley which may not be with ease to some 

Follow Austin's/ @Apw1210 trolley design thread. Have a search and I am sure it will come up. He included a parts list and wiring diagram I think.
It's all there Ched, many thanks for the support mate 

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/29744-water-fed-pole-pump-trolley-control-box-project-complete/

Good evening Richard. Hope you are well mate.

Yes when lockdown finally slopes off and from the 12th April holiday lets here in Devon will bronce back and with weekly changeover periods and guest changes hot tubs have to be drained and cleaned regularly as the hygiene of the guest and water quality regardless of chemicals needs to be 100% safe. 

With the ladies and maybe some men their heavy caked on make up and sun lotion stains the tubs and leaves thick scum lines so it's a good add service.

1, pump out 

2, spray & clean 

3, drain 

4, refill 

And the letting agency or owner is responsible for monthly filter changes and chemical use 
Mate can you tell us more about the hot tub cleaning? May be worth investing in this year ?

Mate can you tell us more about the hot tub cleaning? May be worth investing in this year ?
Good evening.

It's relatively easy as I don't take the responsibility of the chemical treatments only cleaning 

When I turn up i turn on the hot tub and get the jets flowing.

I fill a measuring jug with 1L of undiluted white vinegar and pour into the centre of the tub and let the water distribute the vinegar while scrubbing around the tub with my brush.

I Drain down the tub either by unscrewing the factory drain plug or lower in my clarke hippo pump and empty it. 

Once drained I close the drain plug and and Continue to spray all around the inside of the tub with a 50/1 white vinegar and water mix while scrubbing around the tub and all the jets with a flocked car wheel washing brush to remove any fatty scum lines caused by skin. Makeup and environmental contamination.

I then rinse down the tub with a hosepipe and drain out the water and then proceed to fill with water ready for the client to use it.

Not being responsible for chemicals IE chlorine, deflocking tablets etc you mitigate the risk of toxic gas, skin burns or allergic reactions.

White vinegar is the most affordable and effective non toxic decreaser which is great for neutralising and breaking down fat molecules.

Amazon do great deals on 5L's and worth buying bulk. 

Hope that helps 

Buddy, just know that this is a great design for an Easter flyer. A great solution. Moreover, this is such a holiday that if you make flyers with themes related to it, you get a huge field for imagination. Really big, man. Therefore, I also decided to make Easter flyers this year, only related specifically to my activities. I started thinking about how to do it and realized that it would be easy to do with the help of the service https://create .vista.com/create/flyers/. It is here that I will try to make cool flyers that will attract new customers.

Back