Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The go to roof cleaning chemical

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danny91

Hi guys, got 3 roof scrape and treatments booked in, been putting these off for a while until I could group them all in the same week so the tower rental is cheaper, my question is what’s your go to biocide treatment ? Talked myself out of the hypo route until I’ve got the experience. Looked at Benz soft wash but could do with the order being here by the weekend if possible. Cheers 

I might be doing a roof spray with "wet and forget" on Thursday if weather ok.

When I did my first one I was going to use my tower but in the end I used my ladder and stood near the top. Used my wfp with a spray nozzle and Gardiners backpack, 22 litres nearly does a full side depending on roof size. I won't be using my scaffold in the future when I can fit my standoff which rests on the tiles. Saves me alot of time and I also clear the gutters with an extending pole when I'm up their, usually before I spray or the gutter becomes wet from the biocide.

You need to use a proper DDAC biocide. Benz is good. Or Algoclear Pro or GK Pro from Progreen. Benz comes from Ireland so you may struggle to get it delivered by the weekend. It’s hard work scraping roofs. Takes a lot longer than you think. Have you got proper roof scrapers to fit the tile profiles? Search Freeman’s Flexi Scraper on Facebook. Wealth of information on there plus all the scraper heads and blades etc. Good luck. 

I have a heavy contaminated roof with moss on it because its surrounded by trees. Will be spraying wet and forget this time to see how it turns out. Will take some photos to see if its better than q-clear.

Hi guys, got 3 roof scrape and treatments booked in, been putting these off for a while until I could group them all in the same week so the tower rental is cheaper, my question is what’s your go to biocide treatment ? Talked myself out of the hypo route until I’ve got the experience. Looked at Benz soft wash but could do with the order being here by the weekend if possible. Cheers 
I use Algo clear Pro as my go to chemical. Great for roofs, walls, patios & driveways 

You need to use a proper DDAC biocide. Benz is good. Or Algoclear Pro or GK Pro from Progreen. Benz comes from Ireland so you may struggle to get it delivered by the weekend. It’s hard work scraping roofs. Takes a lot longer than you think. Have you got proper roof scrapers to fit the tile profiles? Search Freeman’s Flexi Scraper on Facebook. Wealth of information on there plus all the scraper heads and blades etc. Good luck. 
Hi yea mate I’ve got the scrapers already I scraped it at the weekend, do any of these give quick results ? I’ve just ordered this 

CC5250BE-13E4-428F-99CE-5E273D108B04.png

Would this be something I could dilute into my backpack and scrub on with my wfp ? I did look at this tbh before I ordered the other stuff 
Yes it is water water soluble and can be applied via a backpack with application nozzle or also fed via the chemical injection line of a pressure washer at low pressure 

Would this be something I could dilute into my backpack and scrub on with my wfp ? I did look at this tbh before I ordered the other stuff 
I use my backpack at the moment with a spray nozzle on end of wfp. Any good biocide will work just read the instructions and it will tell you how much water to add. It doesn't show effect till after a month so don't expect quick results. I use wet and forget from Amazon about £30 for 5 litres which makes 30 litres which does a small roof.

I use my backpack at the moment with a spray nozzle on end of wfp. Any good biocide will work just read the instructions and it will tell you how much water to add. It doesn't show effect till after a month so don't expect quick results. I use wet and forget from Amazon about £30 for 5 litres which makes 30 litres which does a small roof.
I have just ordered 20l of this for drive ways and patios I just didn’t think it would have the power to clean the roof tiles back to new but my first ones not booked in I till Saturday so o can see how you get on Thursday and see what you think, cheers mate 

If you see at the end of the video how the moss reacts to it. After a month it begins to turn brown and dies. I did one roof with q-clear 2 weeks ago so will go back in a few weeks to see how it turned out.

If you see at the end of the video how the moss reacts to it. After a month it begins to turn brown and dies. I did one roof with q-clear 2 weeks ago so will go back in a few weeks to see how it turned out.
I’ve removed the moss with a scrape I’m more looking for something to clean the tiles back to new if that makes sense 

The more and more I see hypo jobs it makes me want to go down this route! These few roof cleans I’ve got booked in I’m going to see how it goes with this chemical but I think I might have to hypo my own roof as a test but problem is I’ve only got one house with one roof haha I’d want a lot more experience before I start doing other houses. Does anyone else get really nervous before using a new product? I used the razor wash the other day on a sfg job I had and the results was great but I chickened out using it around a quarter of the job because they had a composite door below and after someone posted the door incident with using ubik I was worried haha 

Hypo doesn't remove the lichen, I've tried it. Nothing beats PW I have noticed.

Don't like using hypo because too many things can go wrong. Washing, cars, pets and even humans coming in to contact from the spray. I guess all to their own and what one is happy with.

Hypo doesn't remove the lichen, I've tried it. Nothing beats PW I have noticed.

Don't like using hypo because too many things can go wrong. Washing, cars, pets and even humans coming in to contact from the spray. I guess all to their own and what one is happy with.
Hypo will kill licken and it will flake off the roof over time I did mine and it took a few months for  it to come off by its self , bit like using bio ??

Back