Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Pro and Cons of electric reels?


Don Logan

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, if you have any experience of electric hose reels and you rate them or hate them and think they are a waste of money please let me

know what you think.

Thanks.

Edited by Don Logan
Link to comment

They save a lot off physical effort I would thoroughly recommend them , just be carful about which brand you buy though some are  more trouble than they are worth ???. A decent reel is expensive but using it every day I think it’s worth  the expense saves the potential for an RSI injury . We have had the 3 main branded reels in our vans waterworks, Grippatank,and pure freedom . pure freedom  are the dearest and waterworks the cheapest . 

Link to comment

I only had a manual reel for a few months before getting an electric reel.  I wouldn't say it saves time but it certainly saves energy and our bodies. I recommend one especially for us older gentlemen ?

Link to comment

I'm not used to manual reels but we had one on the fire engine. Then we got an electric reel and what a difference it made so I immediately went for two Grippatank electric reels and never looked back. It's the next step in efficiency along our winding path but you need to charge the batteries every other night. 

Link to comment

Improves the speed for us, no lifting in and out or connecting / disconnecting. Very helpful if you regularly have hose fully extended as well.

Link to comment

I’ve had a waterworks one bought a year ago, I still need to fit!! ??

I bought it when I got tennis elbow, but by the time you came it had healed up. 
Also didn’t realise it only runs off 5mm hose when I’ve been using half inch for a decade. 
fear of change I guess. 
I’ll sort it soon!

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Clearview Lee said:

I’ve had a waterworks one bought a year ago, I still need to fit!! ??

I bought it when I got tennis elbow, but by the time you came it had healed up. 
Also didn’t realise it only runs off 5mm hose when I’ve been using half inch for a decade. 
fear of change I guess. 
I’ll sort it soon!

you use half inch hose on your reel?absolute madness mate.....switch to microbore....you ll never look back....your making your working day far harder than it needs to be....

Link to comment
26 minutes ago, dazmond said:

you use half inch hose on your reel?absolute madness mate.....switch to microbore....you ll never look back....your making your working day far harder than it needs to be....

Sorry Daz, my bad. It’s actually 19mm reinforced hose I use. Not half inch. 
It was half inch I had delivered to me in error last month. 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Clearview Lee said:

Sorry Daz, my bad. It’s actually 19mm reinforced hose I use. Not half inch. 
It was half inch I had delivered to me in error last month. 

As your day to day hose?! You do realise April fools is on the 1st?!

Edited by Mx19
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Mx19 said:

As your day to day hose?! You do realise April fools is on the 1st?!

Time to make the switch it appears... 

I’m sure all the windies I see use 19mm hoses!!

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Clearview Lee said:

Time to make the switch it appears... 

I’m sure all the windies I see use 19mm hoses!!

Make the switch!! 6mm ID microbore ??

Link to comment

On this subject of electric reels.  I have a leisure battery (110Ah) that isn’t split charged, just connected to a charger after work every day. Will that be enough to power an electric reel and pump for the day. I’d imagine so. 
 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Clearview Lee said:

Time to make the switch it appears... 

I’m sure all the windies I see use 19mm hoses!!

19mm ffs that would be a night mare ?

Link to comment

I have the pure freedom reelmaster and can say it’s well worth it. Used to have shoulder pain from manually reeling in all day and now I don’t have any trouble with it at all. 
 

Highly recommend it.

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Rickadoo said:

On this subject of electric reels.  I have a leisure battery (110Ah) that isn’t split charged, just connected to a charger after work every day. Will that be enough to power an electric reel and pump for the day. I’d imagine so. 
 

I have a waterworks PowerUp and manage fine each day, the battery is about 50% depleted after a full day

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I have a waterworks PowerUp and manage fine each day, the battery is about 50% depleted after a full day

Thanks. Should be ok then.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Rickadoo said:

On this subject of electric reels.  I have a leisure battery (110Ah) that isn’t split charged, just connected to a charger after work every day. Will that be enough to power an electric reel and pump for the day. I’d imagine so. 
 

This is what my plan is!

Link to comment

I've got a waterworks reel, it's a pest trying to stop hose going over side n wrapping itself round reel, I would suggest getting the new improved one. Great piece of kit, wouldn't want to be without it, all that winding,yawn.

Link to comment
39 minutes ago, windowsurfer said:

I've got a waterworks reel, it's a pest trying to stop hose going over side n wrapping itself round reel, I would suggest getting the new improved one. Great piece of kit, wouldn't want to be without it, all that winding,yawn.

Is that the HD. Or the 3D?

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept