Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pro and Cons of electric reels?

Don Logan

Hi guys, if you have any experience of electric hose reels and you rate them or hate them and think they are a waste of money please let me

know what you think.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
They save a lot off physical effort I would thoroughly recommend them , just be carful about which brand you buy though some are  more trouble than they are worth ???. A decent reel is expensive but using it every day I think it’s worth  the expense saves the potential for an RSI injury . We have had the 3 main branded reels in our vans waterworks, Grippatank,and pure freedom . pure freedom  are the dearest and waterworks the cheapest . 

I only had a manual reel for a few months before getting an electric reel.  I wouldn't say it saves time but it certainly saves energy and our bodies. I recommend one especially for us older gentlemen ?

I'm not used to manual reels but we had one on the fire engine. Then we got an electric reel and what a difference it made so I immediately went for two Grippatank electric reels and never looked back. It's the next step in efficiency along our winding path but you need to charge the batteries every other night. 

I’ve had a waterworks one bought a year ago, I still need to fit!! ??

I bought it when I got tennis elbow, but by the time you came it had healed up. 
Also didn’t realise it only runs off 5mm hose when I’ve been using half inch for a decade. 
fear of change I guess. 
I’ll sort it soon!

I’ve had a waterworks one bought a year ago, I still need to fit!! ??

I bought it when I got tennis elbow, but by the time you came it had healed up. 
Also didn’t realise it only runs off 5mm hose when I’ve been using half inch for a decade. 
fear of change I guess. 
I’ll sort it soon!
you use half inch hose on your reel?absolute madness mate.....switch to microbore....you ll never look back....your making your working day far harder than it needs to be....

you use half inch hose on your reel?absolute madness mate.....switch to microbore....you ll never look back....your making your working day far harder than it needs to be....
Sorry Daz, my bad. It’s actually 19mm reinforced hose I use. Not half inch. 
It was half inch I had delivered to me in error last month. 

Sorry Daz, my bad. It’s actually 19mm reinforced hose I use. Not half inch. 
It was half inch I had delivered to me in error last month. 
As your day to day hose?! You do realise April fools is on the 1st?!

Last edited by a moderator:
On this subject of electric reels.  I have a leisure battery (110Ah) that isn’t split charged, just connected to a charger after work every day. Will that be enough to power an electric reel and pump for the day. I’d imagine so. 

I have the pure freedom reelmaster and can say it’s well worth it. Used to have shoulder pain from manually reeling in all day and now I don’t have any trouble with it at all. 

Highly recommend it.

On this subject of electric reels.  I have a leisure battery (110Ah) that isn’t split charged, just connected to a charger after work every day. Will that be enough to power an electric reel and pump for the day. I’d imagine so. 

I have a waterworks PowerUp and manage fine each day, the battery is about 50% depleted after a full day

I've got a waterworks reel, it's a pest trying to stop hose going over side n wrapping itself round reel, I would suggest getting the new improved one. Great piece of kit, wouldn't want to be without it, all that winding,yawn.

Latest Posts

Back