Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Australian Ancap crash test.

If they didn't skimp on panel thickness and built them like they used to it wouldn't be so bad. 
I was trying to figure out where they are made/assembled. 

It is interesting that the Toyota Proace is their competition. Citroen purchased Vauxhall and the new psa based Vivaro manufactured  alongside the Renault Trafic in Luton.

Citroen are supplying the Toyota Proace as a rebadged Dispatch as they are here in the UK. So this Mitsubishi is going to cause a lot of dealer drama with price cutting as they are all competing for the same slice of the business cake. Usually this infighting doesn't do the manufacturer much good. For example, instead of Renault supplying 10 Trafics they now only supply 7 with Mitsubishi selling 3 at a lower price to gain market share.

It is interesting that the Toyota Proace is their competition. Citroen purchased Vauxhall and the new psa based Vivaro manufactured  alongside the Renault Trafic in Luton.

Citroen are supplying the Toyota Proace as a rebadged Dispatch as they are here in the UK. So this Mitsubishi is going to cause a lot of dealer drama with price cutting as they are all competing for the same slice of the business cake. Usually this infighting doesn't do the manufacturer much good. For example, instead of Renault supplying 10 Trafics they now only supply 7 with Mitsubishi selling 3 at a lower price to gain market share.
They already do this with the Nissan NV300, same as the old deal they had with the Primestar

I can't get my head around vehicle re-badging it's like Mercedes sprinters sold to the USA & Canadian Market are Dodge badged. 

Then you have generic chassis badging of the citroen berlingo, Peugeot partner, Mercedes and vauxhall combo 

They must still be all identical somehow 

I can't get my head around vehicle re-badging it's like Mercedes sprinters sold to the USA & Canadian Market are Dodge badged. 

Then you have generic chassis badging of the citroen berlingo, Peugeot partner, Mercedes and vauxhall combo 

They must still be all identical somehow 
I think only difference is trim and front end bumpers and badges. Some offer better or longer warranty. I think it's all about cutting costs to complete with opposition. They seem mechanical identical. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think only difference is trim and front end bumpers and badges. Some offer better or longer warranty. I think it's all about cutting costs to complete with opposition. They seem mechanical identical. 
Many years ago the rebadged Fiat Scudo gave much better fuel consumption figures than Peugeot Expert or the Citroën Dispatch despite them using the exact same chassis, body and drive chain. (They were all built in the same factory.)

Fiat used that as a selling point. We later found out that fuel consumption tests in France had to be done on an open stretch of road and had to be done in both directions with a limited turning around time. The Italians however, were allowed to measure fuel consumption figures on a rolling road in an enclosed room.

The manufacturing side of the business will be separate to the sales side. All the manufacturing side will see is keeping the production line busy no matter the cost. All the sales side will see is sales achievement bonus paid out on reaching sales targets. The two sides don't usually mesh together very well.

Fiat used that as a selling point. We later found out that fuel consumption tests in France had to be done on an open stretch of road and had to be done in both directions with a limited turning around time. The Italians however, were allowed to measure fuel consumption figures on a rolling road in an enclosed room.
The Renault Master, Fiat Ducato and Peugeot Boxer are basically the same van except the Ducato has a Fiat engine that passes the Euro 6 emissions without the need of Adblue 

Latest Posts

Back