Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Darn, not a good start to the day

Feel your pain, I was moving a couch from a customer's home to mine and did my back in again on Sunday. Still sore today so catching up on some paperwork. Got a few go aheads from a few moss spraying jobs and now looking at a dosatron or a softwash bowser from Rutland Pumps. Both jobs are over £600 so it seems a sensible decision to buy one.  

Hit a bloody car at a junction 1 minute from my house this morning. 

Complete front end needs replacing but the damage to the other vehicle is extremely significant. My weight is around 2.5 tonnes with a full tank! 

Just having a number plate fitted so I can get to work! 
Not great but as long as everyone walked away it's not so bad.

Very likely. And a tachograph fitted and used!
The law is very confusing but think an operators licence isn’t required for windows cleaners it’s all down to using water with using your own kit rather than supplying goods to a customer , a friend of mine has a 5 ton van as a jetter and he doesn’t need an operators licence or tachograph , I don’t understand it all to be honest but he’s been working this way fir many years and has about 10 vans all the same . 

The law is very confusing but think an operators licence isn’t required for windows cleaners it’s all down to using water with using your own kit rather than supplying goods to a customer , a friend of mine has a 5 ton van as a jetter and he doesn’t need an operators licence or tachograph , I don’t understand it all to be honest but he’s been working this way fir many years and has about 10 vans all the same . 
It use to be that as long as you never travelled further than 25 miles, I believe, from base you didn't need a tacho. That was a few years ago though

Hit a bloody car at a junction 1 minute from my house this morning. 

Complete front end needs replacing but the damage to the other vehicle is extremely significant. My weight is around 2.5 tonnes with a full tank! 

Just having a number plate fitted so I can get to work! 
Hope you and the passengers in the other vechical are alright?

Material things can be replaced.

Feel your pain, I was moving a couch from a customer's home to mine and did my back in again on Sunday. Still sore today so catching up on some paperwork. Got a few go aheads from a few moss spraying jobs and now looking at a dosatron or a softwash bowser from Rutland Pumps. Both jobs are over £600 so it seems a sensible decision to buy one.  
i tweaked my back again yesterday too...the best thing to do if its muscular is to carry on working and take it easy in the evenings...i take paracetamol and ibuprofen together a few times a day and crack on.....

the worst thing you can do is sit around and do nothing...itll make it worse mate and itll take longer to heal.....

No I don't need a tacho. My vehicle's kerb weight is 3.2t. I had a full 500L tank and lardy me! 

Main thing is everyone is fine! 
Just be careful running over weight as you could get a Hefty  fine if VOSA and the police get involved it sounds like the maximum  weight of this type of vehicle is 3500 kg or 3:5 ton . 

Just be careful running over weight as you could get a Hefty  fine if VOSA and the police get involved it sounds like the maximum  weight of this type of vehicle is 3500 kg or 3:5 ton . 
My payload is a ton ?

I hope I'm not confused! 

My payload is a ton ?

I hope I'm not confused! 
Ime guessing depending what the van is gross vehicle weight will be a maximum of 3500 kg or 3:5 ton , but it could be a gross  vehicle weight of 3200 kg or 2900kg depending what the van is . This includes your payload 

Back