Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My "new" softwashing/wfp pump trolley

windowsurfer

Ordered a shurflo 6.8lpm 100psi viton valve pump n v16 controller from Daqua n fitted it to my old daqua trolley for portability with 25litre barrels.

Doug sourced the pump I wanted.

I have the controller n pump on a mounting board, that can be easily unscrewed from trolley and put in van to be used as an extra van system. 

I've tried calibrating pump once with the smaller microbore hose maybe about 40m n 40ft of pole hose n it's dead ending at about 62,  controller calibrated to C52, which I'm thinking is high.

20210407_170938.jpg

Ordered a shurflo 6.8lpm 100psi viton valve pump n v16 controller from Daqua n fitted it to my old daqua trolley for portability with 25litre barrels.

Doug sourced the pump I wanted.

I have the controller n pump on a mounting board, that can be easily unscrewed from trolley and put in van to be used as an extra van system. 

I've tried calibrating pump once with the smaller microbore hose maybe about 40m n 40ft of pole hose n it's dead ending at about 62,  controller calibrated to C52, which I'm thinking is high.

View attachment 24109
Compact, just a few constructive points, you have a lovely new £98 pump but I don't see any inline filter. Also I can't spot any fuse protection for the V16 and the battery orientation and possible position in relation to a cover does not really insulate the terminals for a dead short 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep I might put strainer back on, it will stick out over wheel.  I will only use pure water with chemical, but the chemical will probably have contaminants.  

There is a fuse, Doug put alot of extra wire on, so it's laying down.  I will put the battery in round the other way, so terminals on inside. 

Could buy a bit of perspex to cover the equipment with cutout for controller access..

Thank you for your advice:)

Yep I might put strainer back on, it will stick out over wheel.  I will only use pure water with chemical, but the chemical will probably have contaminants.  

There is a fuse, Doug put alot of extra wire on, so it's laying down.  I will put the battery in round the other way, so terminals on inside. 

Could buy a bit of perspex to cover the equipment with cutout for controller access..

Thank you for your advice:)
I would recommend using an inline strainer regardless of what you pump. It's preventive maintenance and added insurance. 

Even though the battery terminals are covered with colour coded boots they are easily knocked out. Some closed cell self adhesive foam or even a piece of plastic will prevent any issues. 

Great build and initiative to create new kit ? 

Not being critical but that looks like copper pipe going into the pump ? Not a good idear especially if you are using hypo , get some John guest plastic hose . 

Yep did wonder about the copper pipe, don't know what it does with chemical, that's why I posted to see if there was issues needing rectified.

I take it you can get jg pipe into 1/2" hose n clamp on without breaking it?

Very much appreciate the advice.

Yep did wonder about the copper pipe, don't know what it does with chemical, that's why I posted to see if there was issues needing rectified.

I take it you can get jg pipe into 1/2" hose n clamp on without breaking it?

Very much appreciate the advice.
Some friendly more valid advice for you. 

With your pump inlet and the proximity of the pipe work to the wheel, why don’t you use a short length of HEP / 1/2 barrier pipe then add a john guest 90 degree elbow as you'll not have the stress loading onto the pumps inlet fitting and less horizontal exit of pipe work over the wheel, otherwise you'll snap it off.

Reference strainer filter. You can buy foot valve style stainless steel or plastic fine mesh filters that go onto the end of your pick up hose and fit into your barrel.

Austin 

Yep I was looking for the bits of the old strainer that used to go into barrel, think that's my best option, with the 90 degree elbow. Thanks  

I haven't used a strainer on my van system, as use pure water, i use the same pump that used to be on this daqua trolley system, so it's about 7 years old. 

Yep I was looking for the bits of the old strainer that used to go into barrel, think that's my best option, with the 90 degree elbow. Thanks  

I haven't used a strainer on my van system, as use pure water, i use the same pump that used to be on this daqua trolley system, so it's about 7 

Apw1210 said:
With respect, using pure water still requires a strainer filter as tank sediment debris grit and plastic is commonly found in tanks and with block the pump or cause damage to the diagram.

Last edited by a moderator:

I haven't used a strainer on my van system, as use pure water, i use the same pump that used to be on this daqua trolley system, so it's about 7 years old. 
As others have advised, I would always protect the systems, whether on trolley or van. Fuse protection for the electrical and filtration for the water. Unwise not to.

Back