Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Introduction for a new kid on the block.

JakdeDiamond

Hi everyone, I have been lurking in the wings for a while now and feel like as I am closer to launching that I should get stuck in and become part of the community. 

My name as you can guess is Jake, I'm in my late 20's and I am currently working at a private school near Windsor and Slough area. I am really fortunate to only work 35 hours a week at the moment at my job, which means 4 days working a week. I have Sunday (which I plan to keep free for my partner) Monday AND Wednesday off each week. 

I plan to use these 2 weekdays to get started with my exterior cleaning business and am going to start with traditional window cleaning and gutter cleaning services and add more as I expand my customer base and equipment. The goal would be to build enough traction to ask for Tuesdays off eventually from the school, with a longer term look at going full time as a windy that offers other external cleanings. Much inspired by @HWCS

Really impressive stuff and showed me what's possible. 

I've got a business name, domain, logo, business card, all done by myself and vetted by family so it isn't a hot mess! 

Really excited to post some of my questions and get started, and to eventually be able to help others on their way too. 

Thanks guys, happy cleaning. 

Jake

• Like 3

Literally humbled at the mention mate, wish you all the best, im deffo not the most experienced and i call on the forum as and when needed if i can ever give back to the members 10% of what ive gained from here ill retire at 60 (????) a very happy man.

Any advice or input i can give please feel free to ask.

Jon

9 hours ago, JakdeDiamond said:

Hi everyone, I have been lurking in the wings for a while now and feel like as I am closer to launching that I should get stuck in and become part of the community. 

My name as you can guess is Jake, I'm in my late 20's and I am currently working at a private school near Windsor and Slough area. I am really fortunate to only work 35 hours a week at the moment at my job, which means 4 days working a week. I have Sunday (which I plan to keep free for my partner) Monday AND Wednesday off each week. 

I plan to use these 2 weekdays to get started with my exterior cleaning business and am going to start with traditional window cleaning and gutter cleaning services and add more as I expand my customer base and equipment. The goal would be to build enough traction to ask for Tuesdays off eventually from the school, with a longer term look at going full time as a windy that offers other external cleanings. Much inspired by @HWCS

Really impressive stuff and showed me what's possible. 

I've got a business name, domain, logo, business card, all done by myself and vetted by family so it isn't a hot mess! 

Really excited to post some of my questions and get started, and to eventually be able to help others on their way too. 

Thanks guys, happy cleaning. 

Jake

Good evening Jake and welcome to the party ? 

9 hours ago, JakdeDiamond said:

Really excited to post some of my questions and get started,

Welcome and fire away, a good starting point would be to get the contract to clean your school windows.

• Like 1

Thank you very much guys, looks like a great bunch and I've seen how helpful everyone can be! 

@HWCS Definitely mate, showed me what's possible and I'm pulling the trigger now. 

@Norf86 @Apw1210 Thank you fellas ?

@Part TimerThank you very much!, haha it could be a long term goal, it's a bit different to a regular school and is the size of it's own village (Eton College) I'm planning on approaching them for a chance at doing at least the sports department as that's where I'm at now and feel like I can pull some strings! 

Really excited to get going now, when the print comes it's go time!

13 minutes ago, JakdeDiamond said:

@Part TimerThank you very much!, haha it could be a long term goal, it's a bit different to a regular school and is the size of it's own village (Eton College) I'm planning on approaching them for a chance at doing at least the sports department as that's where I'm at now and feel like I can pull some strings!

It'll be like painting the Forth Rd Bridge, by the time you've got to the end it'll be time to start again.

6 hours ago, Crystalalan said:

Welcome to the Nut house Jake!?

Thank you mate, glad to be here!

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.