Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To jobs i did today

Another thing I learned on that PW job yesterday that I will let you in on. The house didn't have an outside tap so I used the woman's kitchen tap and put hose through window. It was my first time and I thought it would turn out a disaster but went well. The connection I used is below and I have a few few more connections on my way, one of them screws into the inside of the tap. ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Hozelock+Indoor+Round+Tap+Connector+with+a+Minimum+Diameter+of+14+mm+%26+a+Maximum+Diameter+of+18&i=diy&ref=nb_sb_noss

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing I learned on that PW job yesterday that I will let you in on. The house didn't have an outside tap so I used the woman's kitchen tap and put hose through window. It was my first time and I thought it would turn out a disaster but went well. The connection I used is below and I have a few few more connections on my way, one of them screws into the inside of the tap. ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Hozelock+Indoor+Round+Tap+Connector+with+a+Minimum+Diameter+of+14+mm+%26+a+Maximum+Diameter+of+18&i=diy&ref=nb_sb_noss
I always carry a bag of every tap hose and pressure washer connector ever needed so occasions like this never happens

7p's 

You should really be asking that question at the first point of enquiry and booking. "Do you have an outside garden tap" as rocking up to a job and discovering that there is no tap highlights an unprofessional approach to how you plan your work in my opinion 20210410_131400.jpg

20210410_131319.jpg

I always carry a bag of every tap hose and pressure washer connector ever needed so occasions like this never happens

7p's 

You should really be asking that question at the first point of enquiry and booking. "Do you have an outside garden tap" as rocking up to a job and discovering that there is no tap highlights an unprofessional approach to how you plan your work in my opinion View attachment 24142

View attachment 24143
Another job saving tip.

If you turn up and there is no outside tap and the customer has a super duper fancy long Swan neck mixer tap and your connector won't fit that, I also carry many spare 3/4" hoselock style garden tap connectors which fit onto a standard washing machine cold water isolator outlet as they are also 3/4"

Another job saving tip.

If you turn up and there is no outside tap and the customer has a super duper fancy long Swan neck mixer tap and your connector won't fit that, I also carry many spare 3/4" hoselock style garden tap connectors which fit onto a standard washing machine cold water isolator outlet as they are also 3/4"
I usually just offer to fit one or use their neighbours but having the tap connector is handy because it can also fit the bathroom taps.

I allways carry this as well just incase hose won't reach or if i run out of water getting ball valve fitted to tank tomorrow 

20210410_195817.jpg

I allways carry this as well just incase hose won't reach or if i run out of water getting ball valve fitted to tank tomorrow 

View attachment 24153
I have a 240L yellow wheelie bin. Sign written front. Like yourself I've added a heavy duty float valve so I don't waste customers water. Because they don't see it overflow they have no clue whats used haha

I have a 240L yellow wheelie bin. Sign written front. Like yourself I've added a heavy duty float valve so I don't waste customers water. Because they don't see it overflow they have no clue whats used haha
Until they get their water bill in. We are quite lucky up here as we don't have water meters and just pay the one rate no matter how much you use. Wheelie bin is good to hold all your stuff in like, lances, leggings, boots, hoses and anything else like brushes. Need to screw a plywood board to my outside tap hosereel that I use on jobs because its near impossible to reel in with only two hands and jumps up all the time. Will post a photo when its done.

Until they get their water bill in. We are quite lucky up here as we don't have water meters and just pay the one rate no matter how much you use. Wheelie bin is good to hold all your stuff in like, lances, leggings, boots, hoses and anything else like brushes. Need to screw a plywood board to my outside tap hosereel that I use on jobs because its near impossible to reel in with only two hands and jumps up all the time. Will post a photo when its done.
I have my garden hose reel bolted to a 3mm aluminium sheet which is wider than the base footprint of my hoselock reel. It allows me to stand on the plate whilst reeling in the hose. Makes it quicker and the reel does not jump off the ground when winding in

Back