Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Free postage and packaging!!

You should count yourselves lucky that you have been able to get free shipping from some suppliers, living where I do postage is getting more and more expensive and a lot of places won't even ship here at all. You'd think we were in outer Mongolia not 80 miles across the Channel.

Definitely true. Bought an xtreme 18 last night. I thought the website was playing up, so ordered and emailed about postage. Apparently there's been a change in policy! So if you order £60 worth and pay for the postage, in real terms that's more than an 11% price hike! I'm pretty sure they'll be on to justify this change in policy. They no longer take phone calls. It looks like cutting costs across the business!!!

I made an order on Tuesday for some bits and bobs and a couple of brushes had to pay the £8.40 postage as well.

receive package today and they have sent the wrong brush gutted TBH 

ordered the 35cm  extreme sill  DuPont but received the 35cm extreme hybrid tapertec.

Im sure they will send the right brush out next week as their customer service is very good.

It was never free p&p anyway. It's a price hike. If I tell a customer that I'll clean the velux for free, it's a load of tosh. I've already priced for that, and I'm dangling the carrot ...

The world we live in now is not the world we lived in 18 months ago, Brexit actually happened and we have had a pandemic. The first may well have led to higher costs and disrupted supply of raw materials and products, the latter almost certainly a downturn in demand due to lockdowns in just about every country, any sensible business is going to react and adapt to the situation they find themselves, let's face it we all do the same.

I would not be in the least surprised if we don't see the cost of everything go up from all supliers.

Covid's getting us all confused.  I can't even remember what day it is half the time. ?

I also got the wrong brush delivered this week. However, an email, and a very quick reply got it sorted. The correct one arrived today ?

For me it was always a nice incentive free pnp, but as said, nothing is free. It does cost money for someone to wrap stuff up in packaging n send it via various couriers n pay their wages to transport, everyone needs a piece of the pie. The thing I hate paying for is vat, as not vat registered:)

Maybe its the sign of things to come going by what a company director told me. He said he was losing alot of stuff with one particular delivery company.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was DPD at our last address I had a delivery left outside the pub next door for anyone to walk past and pick the stuff total disgrace as the delivery driver couldn't find our address so just left where he wanted, The amazon lot just drop stuff at peoples front doors and take off. 

I don't mind paying for delivery if the delivery guy knows how to read simple instructions and follow them, the Fedex guy who delivers to me is spot on and has been for years. 

People spit their dummies about price increases across the board, but everything is going up in price so the books have to be balanced. 

Covid's getting us all confused.  I can't even remember what day it is half the time. ?

I also got the wrong brush delivered this week. However, an email, and a very quick reply got it sorted. The correct one arrived today ?
Yes email they asked for photograph, sent them as request at approx 3.15 but no answer check on the Gardiner webpage and customer service is Monday to Friday and closes at 4.00 pm. 

Was hoping to try the new extreme 35cm sill as I’m like a big kid with a new toy sad I know ???

what new bush you ordered? 

I made an order on Tuesday for some bits and bobs and a couple of brushes had to pay the £8.40 postage as well.

receive package today and they have sent the wrong brush gutted TBH 

ordered the 35cm  extreme sill  DuPont but received the 35cm extreme hybrid tapertec.

Im sure they will send the right brush out next week as their customer service is very good.
They did that to me and made me wait until they'd received the wrong brush back before they'd send the right one out 

People spit their dummies about price increases across the board, but everything is going up in price so the books have to be balanced. 
Days of the good times are coming to an end once the furlough ends. I'm glad I spent all my earnings on equipment because its hard just to order stuff because its out of stock. Got a bizarre request today from Checkatrade, guy wants me to price for 500 windows, maybe its a high flat. Don't feel so bad now raising my prices when everyone else is doing it.

Yes email they asked for photograph, sent them as request at approx 3.15 but no answer check on the Gardiner webpage and customer service is Monday to Friday and closes at 4.00 pm. 

Was hoping to try the new extreme 35cm sill as I’m like a big kid with a new toy sad I know ???

what new bush you ordered? 
35cm Xtreme flocked sill. I was sent the 26cm by mistake. I’m favouring the the 35cm Xtremes at the moment 

35cm Xtreme flocked sill. I was sent the 26cm by mistake. I’m favouring the the 35cm Xtremes at the moment 
Yeah the extreme 35cm have been my most used brushes for a long time now. 

Since using hot water though I have been using 26cm extreme sill medium.

I also received today 26cm extreme stiff will be trying that out Monday.

you will have to give us a update on the 35cm extreme sill flock over the next couple of weeks. 

Yeah the extreme 35cm have been my most used brushes for a long time now. 

Since using hot water though I have been using 26cm extreme sill medium.

I also received today 26cm extreme stiff will be trying that out Monday.

you will have to give us a update on the 35cm extreme sill flock over the next couple of weeks. 
Yeah, I’ve got some delicate leaded work that needs the soft touch of the flocked bristles.

Back