Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Lightweight water fed pole 50ft


Recommended Posts

Hi all

ive just started out exterior cleaning

it will be a small build up this year as I’m holding down a full time job till April next year. I’ve been building up my kit for 4 months and recently purchased a cheap backpack/waterbed pole/DI vessel . The pole is too heavy but will do for now as I don’t have many clients but I would like to purchase a 50ft lightweight pole eventually 

any recommendations please? Sorry for the long winded prologue but I haven’t formally introduced myself on here yet ....seems like a very good forum with lots of helpful folk btw ?

thanks in advance

paul

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Paul mc said:

Hi all

ive just started out exterior cleaning

it will be a small build up this year as I’m holding down a full time job till April next year. I’ve been building up my kit for 4 months and recently purchased a cheap backpack/waterbed pole/DI vessel . The pole is too heavy but will do for now as I don’t have many clients but I would like to purchase a 50ft lightweight pole eventually 

any recommendations please? Sorry for the long winded prologue but I haven’t formally introduced myself on here yet ....seems like a very good forum with lots of helpful folk btw ?

thanks in advance

paul

Good afternoon Paul. Have you not spent anytime reading through the threads and replies.

This forum is basically the documented history of window cleaning and has archived everything you'll ever want to know that's just a simple search away.

On the home screen you should see a magnifying glass icon which is the search bar?

 

Unfortunately when you buy the cheapest Chineseium junk it's a waste of money. 

With this industry it's an expensive investment and nothing is cheap.

If you are serious about pursuing a Career in window cleaning I highly recommend reading through all the posts.

 

It's easy to recommend kit which we know is good but in a polite and non offensive manner it's yourself that needs to find the kit as it's your money and business venture.

 

Good luck and have a lovely weekend 

 

AW 

Link to comment

Welcome and good luck in your venture. I wouldn't bother thinking about 50ft poles just yet, you need to learn to walk before you can run.

Link to comment

As has been said get used to doing a two storey house first getting the brush on the window and cleaning it at that height will take you a while to do accurately you don’t want to be trying to use a 50 foot pole yet , that’s like just getting your driving licence and jumping into a formula one car . Build up your experience slowly you will benefit much more in the long run . Like a lot of things in life a skilled person makes a job look easy it’s only when you try doing it yourself you resales it’s not as easy as you thought 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Apw1210 said:

Good afternoon Paul. Have you not spent anytime reading through the threads and replies.

This forum is basically the documented history of window cleaning and has archived everything you'll ever want to know that's just a simple search away.

On the home screen you should see a magnifying glass icon which is the search bar?

 

Unfortunately when you buy the cheapest Chineseium junk it's a waste of money. 

With this industry it's an expensive investment and nothing is cheap.

If you are serious about pursuing a Career in window cleaning I highly recommend reading through all the posts.

 

It's easy to recommend kit which we know is good but in a polite and non offensive manner it's yourself that needs to find the kit as it's your money and business venture.

 

Good luck and have a lovely weekend 

 

AW 

Thanks for that AW

ive read through a lot of the posts and gained some valuable information 

I expect posts like these appear a lot so apologies for that 

After a lot of research it gets overwhelming with the amount of equipment out there so I was just looking for peoples opinions and experience that might help me in my decision 

hope you have a good weekend yourself 

paul

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Pjj said:

As has been said get used to doing a two storey house first getting the brush on the window and cleaning it at that height will take you a while to do accurately you don’t want to be trying to use a 50 foot pole yet , that’s like just getting your driving licence and jumping into a formula one car . Build up your experience slowly you will benefit much more in the long run . Like a lot of things in life a skilled person makes a job look easy it’s only when you try doing it yourself you resales it’s not as easy as you thought 

 

17 minutes ago, Pjj said:

As has been said get used to doing a two storey house first getting the brush on the window and cleaning it at that height will take you a while to do accurately you don’t want to be trying to use a 50 foot pole yet , that’s like just getting your driving licence and jumping into a formula one car . Build up your experience slowly you will benefit much more in the long run . Like a lot of things in life a skilled person makes a job look easy it’s only when you try doing it yourself you resales it’s not as easy as you thought 

Hi pjj

 I get that 

 

Point taken 

thanks

paul

Link to comment

Probably only 1% of the people on here have used a pole that size and there is only a modular pole that is "light" at that height. Personally I advise newbies to buy cheap heavier poles as they are very good at teaching you a good technique and to build the right muscles. Good luck

Link to comment

You will soon want to get rid of your big pole when you get a full round lol.

I have a handful of 4 storey work I have been asked to clean all 15 newish builds but apart from the 5 I do I always refuse the rest when asked. 

Lok after yourself and let @Part Timer have all the big stuff as he his built it lol.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Probably only 1% of the people on here have used a pole that size and there is only a modular pole that is "light" at that height. Personally I advise newbies to buy cheap heavier poles as they are very good at teaching you a good technique and to build the right muscles. Good luck

Lol a lot on hear wouldn’t have a van big enough to fit a 50 foot pole inside it ?????

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, Paul mc said:

Thanks for that AW

ive read through a lot of the posts and gained some valuable information 

I expect posts like these appear a lot so apologies for that 

After a lot of research it gets overwhelming with the amount of equipment out there so I was just looking for peoples opinions and experience that might help me in my decision 

hope you have a good weekend yourself 

paul

Please don't take my reply as offensive or bitter.

We do see a great deal of new starters questions and the majority of the time the information given is taken with no feedback, gratitude or interaction. The forum is a community of very friendly helpful and seasoned grafters and we will help anyone.

As we say time and time again start small and cover all the basics and foundation of a business before punching to high. 

A 50ft pole is tough work when you handle one for the first time.

If you have your heart set on getting one try some of the known brands but don't go straight for the gucci carbon fibre as you'll most likely snap it or push the brush head through someone's window.

Stay away from Ebay amazon junk such as Aqua Spray because they are only fit for washing line props.

I personally only use upto 40 feet and on a windy day it's like fly fishing for glass

9 minutes ago, Den said:

You will soon want to get rid of your big pole when you get a full round lol.

I have a handful of 4 storey work I have been asked to clean all 15 newish builds but apart from the 5 I do I always refuse the rest when asked. 

Lok after yourself and let @Part Timer have all the big stuff as he his built it lol.

If you have a big pole then your a lucky boy ?

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Lol a lot on hear wouldn’t have a van big enough to fit a 50 foot pole inside it ?????

Haha 

Polish_20210409_201155804.jpg

Link to comment

I would class a 50ft pole a specialist equipment, that you only buy if you need it for two reasons:
1. You have a particular job that needs one , and makes it a worthwhile investment. 

2. Your planning to actively look for work that requires one. 
 

Either way,I would advise against it until your up to speed with a shorter pole, as others have said. 
 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Apw1210 said:

Please don't take my reply as offensive or bitter.

We do see a great deal of new starters questions and the majority of the time the information given is taken with no feedback, gratitude or interaction. The forum is a community of very friendly helpful and seasoned grafters and we will help anyone.

As we say time and time again start small and cover all the basics and foundation of a business before punching to high. 

A 50ft pole is tough work when you handle one for the first time.

If you have your heart set on getting one try some of the known brands but don't go straight for the gucci carbon fibre as you'll most likely snap it or push the brush head through someone's window.

Stay away from Ebay amazon junk such as Aqua Spray because they are only fit for washing line props.

I personally only use upto 40 feet and on a windy day it's like fly fishing for glass

If you have a big pole then your a lucky boy ?

No offence taken apw and I appreciate the feedback 

I was offered a job that required that type of equipment but realised that it’s too much to take on right now ....slightly over zealous 

small steps 

thanks

paul

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Paul mc said:

No offence taken apw and I appreciate the feedback 

I was offered a job that required that type of equipment but realised that it’s too much to take on right now ....slightly over zealous 

small steps 

thanks

paul

It really is tough work and takes a lot of getting used to. The balance aspect alone is very different. And when you add a brush head 70 foot of water filled hose dragging around your ankles the weight is very hard work 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Apw1210 said:

Just found this video on YouTube which shows a 64 foot pole

A very labour intensive clean compared to your run of the mill 22 foot 

 

https://youtu.be/E9iVoD63T9g

That looks very hard work and a great deal of skill needed! 
 

Link to comment

a 25ft pole should be your everyday size pole IMO...this will clean 90% of domestic work...an SLX 25 would do you then move up to an xtreme 25 when you ve built up a good run of work

Link to comment

Even with the king of poles there is a lot of flex to control. I am also surprised that he appears to be relying entirely on arm power to scrub up and down, at that height I would be stepping/rocking forward and backward to reduce strain on the arms and drive the pole with body weight. (Which I am not short of ?)

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

Just found this video on YouTube which shows a 64 foot pole

A very labour intensive clean compared to your run of the mill 22 foot 

 

https://youtu.be/E9iVoD63T9g

The initial pick up is only 3 floors, he hasn't lifted the fully extended pole from the floor. It must have been a very calm day as straight lifting a pole like that at 60' is nigh on impossible with even slight, 10mph, winds. As @Martyn said you should really walk those poles up and down. I think the pole must only just be big enough as, in my experience, he is standing far to close to the building to have sufficient pressure on the glass. Admittedly, in my experience, you don't tend to get dirty windows above the 5th floor

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept