Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New pure freedom reels fitted ???

Pjj

Premium Member
At last the new reels are fitted and working fine . Think I might have to take the controllers off the front of the reels though as ware the hose comes off the reels and goes through the floor rollers it’s catching on them as there isn’t much room between the reels and the rollers but will give it a full day on Monday and see how we go . I was hoping the reeks could be mounted further over to the NS of the van over the wheel arch but it couldn’t be done due to the chassis being in the way , the rollers are right over to the left as well to avoid the main chassis rails as well bit of a pain but there you go . Only done a couple of jobs today but they seam to be working well , they are very extra heavy duty reels ???? 

714005A6-F658-4D13-9133-A9C0C45F13A9.jpeg

44424F63-7462-4EA5-8DEC-F14932C12AAA.jpeg

32399184-2D7E-42B4-9C0A-3A96FCD2E7E5.jpeg

28161C48-EBBF-4B13-AFC6-0DC246B3B832.jpeg

D57DEA7A-3B2F-4285-88A5-6FDF00D2AEA8.jpeg

At last the new reels are fitted and working fine . Think I might have to take the controllers off the front of the reels though as ware the hose comes off the reels and goes through the floor rollers it’s catching on them as there isn’t much room between the reels and the rollers but will give it a full day on Monday and see how we go . I was hoping the reeks could be mounted further over to the NS of the van over the wheel arch but it couldn’t be done due to the chassis being in the way , the rollers are right over to the left as well to avoid the main chassis rails as well bit of a pain but there you go . Only done a couple of jobs today but they seam to be working well , they are very extra heavy duty reels ???? 

View attachment 24131

View attachment 24132

View attachment 24133

View attachment 24134

View attachment 24135
Great install. Looking good ? 

Hopefully you will be happy now ???

can see where the hose is rubbing sure you will sort it ?

Luvly jubly, there are always niggles with things, you would hope the manufacturer would have tried n tested these things n have solution to hose problems, nothing perfect in this world. 

Any reason why they're on legs? I'm thinking of getting single reels and mounting them from the roof to keep the floor space more open.
I wanted a frame making to mount them over the wheel arch but there was no way they could make something to support that weight over it so that was as close to the area I wanted it in , I also didn’t want the reels on the floor as I personally feel it’s to low to get the hose on and off the reel easily with floor rollers , I don’t like stacking reels much prefer side by side but it waists so much valuable space , unfortunately there is always compromises to be made 

That's why I'm looking to get them secured from the roof. Had a word with a company that do van racking etc and they say it's doable
Yes it wouldn’t be to difficult to do but will raise the centre of gravity quite a bit they are very heavy reels with hose and full of water , just lifting the stack system into the van was hard work and Ime no wimp ???, I couldn’t do that in my van as I have a ladder and the pole racks mounted on the ceiling .  

I couldn’t do that in my van as I have a ladder and the pole racks mounted on the ceiling .  
I'm looking at leaving a gap above each reel to put 2 or 3 poles above them and leave the gap in the middle for a ladder rack. Couldn't do it in my current van as even I wouldn't reach the hose to pull out ?  

I wonder if you could move the controllers to the right hand side of the reel?
I will probably get my mate whose an electrician to replace the wiring and move them right out of the way and put them on the side of the van on the ply lining . I will see how it goes next week but am sure the hose will catch on them causing problems. 

Back