Jump to content

New pure freedom reels fitted 😂😂😬


Recommended Posts

At last the new reels are fitted and working fine . Think I might have to take the controllers off the front of the reels though as ware the hose comes off the reels and goes through the floor rollers it’s catching on them as there isn’t much room between the reels and the rollers but will give it a full day on Monday and see how we go . I was hoping the reeks could be mounted further over to the NS of the van over the wheel arch but it couldn’t be done due to the chassis being in the way , the rollers are right over to the left as well to avoid the main chassis rails as well bit of a pain but there you go . Only done a couple of jobs today but they seam to be working well , they are very extra heavy duty reels 😂😂😂😂 

714005A6-F658-4D13-9133-A9C0C45F13A9.jpeg

44424F63-7462-4EA5-8DEC-F14932C12AAA.jpeg

32399184-2D7E-42B4-9C0A-3A96FCD2E7E5.jpeg

28161C48-EBBF-4B13-AFC6-0DC246B3B832.jpeg

D57DEA7A-3B2F-4285-88A5-6FDF00D2AEA8.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
8 minutes ago, Pjj said:

At last the new reels are fitted and working fine . Think I might have to take the controllers off the front of the reels though as ware the hose comes off the reels and goes through the floor rollers it’s catching on them as there isn’t much room between the reels and the rollers but will give it a full day on Monday and see how we go . I was hoping the reeks could be mounted further over to the NS of the van over the wheel arch but it couldn’t be done due to the chassis being in the way , the rollers are right over to the left as well to avoid the main chassis rails as well bit of a pain but there you go . Only done a couple of jobs today but they seam to be working well , they are very extra heavy duty reels 😂😂😂😂 

714005A6-F658-4D13-9133-A9C0C45F13A9.jpeg

44424F63-7462-4EA5-8DEC-F14932C12AAA.jpeg

32399184-2D7E-42B4-9C0A-3A96FCD2E7E5.jpeg

28161C48-EBBF-4B13-AFC6-0DC246B3B832.jpeg

D57DEA7A-3B2F-4285-88A5-6FDF00D2AEA8.jpeg

Great install. Looking good 👍 

Link to post
windowsurfer

Luvly jubly, there are always niggles with things, you would hope the manufacturer would have tried n tested these things n have solution to hose problems, nothing perfect in this world. 

Link to post

Any reason why they're on legs? I'm thinking of getting single reels and mounting them from the roof to keep the floor space more open.

Link to post
Just now, Part Timer said:

Any reason why they're on legs? I'm thinking of getting single reels and mounting them from the roof to keep the floor space more open.

I wanted a frame making to mount them over the wheel arch but there was no way they could make something to support that weight over it so that was as close to the area I wanted it in , I also didn’t want the reels on the floor as I personally feel it’s to low to get the hose on and off the reel easily with floor rollers , I don’t like stacking reels much prefer side by side but it waists so much valuable space , unfortunately there is always compromises to be made 

Link to post
Just now, Pjj said:

I don’t like stacking reels much prefer side by side but it waists so much valuable space , unfortunately there is always compromises to be made 

That's why I'm looking to get them secured from the roof. Had a word with a company that do van racking etc and they say it's doable

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

That's why I'm looking to get them secured from the roof. Had a word with a company that do van racking etc and they say it's doable

Yes it wouldn’t be to difficult to do but will raise the centre of gravity quite a bit they are very heavy reels with hose and full of water , just lifting the stack system into the van was hard work and Ime no wimp 😂😂😂, I couldn’t do that in my van as I have a ladder and the pole racks mounted on the ceiling .  

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I couldn’t do that in my van as I have a ladder and the pole racks mounted on the ceiling .  

I'm looking at leaving a gap above each reel to put 2 or 3 poles above them and leave the gap in the middle for a ladder rack. Couldn't do it in my current van as even I wouldn't reach the hose to pull out 😂  

Link to post
14 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

I wonder if you could move the controllers to the right hand side of the reel?

I will probably get my mate whose an electrician to replace the wiring and move them right out of the way and put them on the side of the van on the ply lining . I will see how it goes next week but am sure the hose will catch on them causing problems. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.