Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Fed Pole Hose What's the best?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Edward Baskerville

Hi guys,

Thought I drop mention about what's the best pole hose these days. I've been using that vyair ribbed pole hose for while and seemed to work well with the univalve no issues.

I have noticed gardiner supply a gritstop for poles. I was looking to buy new pole and install it to increase longevity of the pole but seen on the website that its only good with the PU green hose. Does anyone on here use that?

Not 100% if this stuff lays flat after while of wear...

Any pointers that be great ?

Hi guys,

Thought I drop mention about what's the best pole hose these days. I've been using that vyair ribbed pole hose for while and seemed to work well with the univalve no issues.

I have noticed gardiner supply a gritstop for poles. I was looking to buy new pole and install it to increase longevity of the pole but seen on the website that its only good with the PU green hose. Does anyone on here use that?

Not 100% if this stuff lays flat after while of wear...

Any pointers that be great ?
I've been using Unger Nlite NL11G 5mm hose for over 5 years on all my poles. Never had it fail or split it's never been temperature sensitive and got hard in winter or ballooned with the heat in summer 

It's like marmite.. you either love it or hate it.

When I started out i was using standard PU hose and it was rock hard in winter so binned it

I changed over to the green PU hose about a year ago as my previous hose was expanding in the high temperatures. The PU hose has been excellent in all temperatures.

Ah do you reel your pole hose onto your reel? I know lot of people disconnect it and coil it into the van. But I've always reeled mine onto the reel with my main hose. Always wondered if it effected it long term.

This is the golden ticket question isn’t it?

Some pole hoses are better than others, but in my opinion, there still isn’t one out there that’s bang on.

I use the green p.u from Gardiners, and the blue p.u from Exeed. The best out there but still meh ???‍?

When i put the pole down the side of the passenger seat in the astra, i find the yellow gardiner hose kind of folds up and i have to straighten it every few jobs as it effects the water coming out.

So is the reinforced better , i have it running off a gardiner backpack

my pole hose is always perfect and doesnt tangle …….as long as my pressure is correct , and especially if i dont have and tiny air leaks, if the pressure is off the hose will coil and if theres a tiny air leak or a loose clip it will also coil

Back