Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2020 Citroen berlingo

Andy1979

Have any of you guys got a new shape Berlingo, Vauxhall combo or partner ?

if so how are you getting on with it looking at swapping  my van in for the Berlingo but would like some feedback from someone who owns one ?

I don't have one either ? but like the look of them and 1000kg payload. It could work for me if anyone manged to fit 600l tank!??

However; Dispatch / Vivaro with 1400kg payload isnt much more money....

if so how are you getting on with it looking at swapping  my van in for the Berlingo but would like some feedback from someone who owns one ?
Hi I've got the combo cargo with the ton payload. Pure freedom 500L two man system fitted. Van is perfect for one man to work all day. 

We also use it for a two man operations in condensed work refill via DI as we are in a Soft water area.

We also run a kangoo maxi 500l as one man operation and like the look of the new shape of that van too.

Looking to get a third van on the road soon and will be a choice between another combo or new kangoo maxi.

Hi I've got the combo cargo with the ton payload. Pure freedom 500L two man system fitted. Van is perfect for one man to work all day. 

We also use it for a two man operations in condensed work refill via DI as we are in a Soft water area.

We also run a kangoo maxi 500l as one man operation and like the look of the new shape of that van too.

Looking to get a third van on the road soon and will be a choice between another combo or new kangoo maxi.
Thanks mate how do you find it room wise do the poles fit in a rack ok.

id love to see a picture of it in the back if you have one it would be most appreciated ?

@Andy1979 hi mate I have had my 2020 berlingo since last october and its superb in my opinion. I went for petrol as I saw a cracking deal at a dealership and figured it couldnt do any harm especially as my round is so close together I rarely drive more than 5 mins in one go so not the beat for a diesel engine really. I wasnt sure how the petrol engine would pull when fully loaded up to almost its 1000kg payload but it's fine and even took it on motorway to a gutter job fully loaded the other week and acceleration and pull was as good as my previous diesel Van's. The back is perfect space for me and the cab is to a really good spec dab radio all the usual air con etc and I love the storage bins everywhere and the seat in the middle folds down with a tray on top to be used as a desk which for me is one of my favourite bits. Despite how much I love this van I am in the process of moving into more pressure washing so will be chopping it in for a bigger van soon with more space in the back. When I got the berlingo I thought I would just be window cleaning etc for a few years but got an offer on some regular pressure washing work I cant refuse so will need the bigger van. If you were interested atall in my van I will be selling or px ing pretty soon so feel free to give me a shout. Its immaculate with 1800 miles on clock and under citroen warranty till july 2023. Cheers mate

@Andy1979 hi mate I have had my 2020 berlingo since last october and its superb in my opinion. I went for petrol as I saw a cracking deal at a dealership and figured it couldnt do any harm especially as my round is so close together I rarely drive more than 5 mins in one go so not the beat for a diesel engine really. I wasnt sure how the petrol engine would pull when fully loaded up to almost its 1000kg payload but it's fine and even took it on motorway to a gutter job fully loaded the other week and acceleration and pull was as good as my previous diesel Van's. The back is perfect space for me and the cab is to a really good spec dab radio all the usual air con etc and I love the storage bins everywhere and the seat in the middle folds down with a tray on top to be used as a desk which for me is one of my favourite bits. Despite how much I love this van I am in the process of moving into more pressure washing so will be chopping it in for a bigger van soon with more space in the back. When I got the berlingo I thought I would just be window cleaning etc for a few years but got an offer on some regular pressure washing work I cant refuse so will need the bigger van. If you were interested atall in my van I will be selling or px ing pretty soon so feel free to give me a shout. Its immaculate with 1800 miles on clock and under citroen warranty till july 2023. Cheers mate
What size tank do you have in yours? 

What size petrol engine as I was thinking about a petrol when I get a new van as like yourself 95% of my works is a few minutes from home. 

What size tank do you have in yours? 

What size petrol engine as I was thinking about a petrol when I get a new van as like yourself 95% of my works is a few minutes from home. 
I've got the 1.2 puretech petrol mate, yeah I have had so many mechanics over the years telling me on my other Van's that problems were being caused but constantly stop starting a diesel engine. I always tried to have a ast up the motorway every couple of weeks but guess i was either unlucky or not enough. 

At the moment I have my 500L flat wyedale in there cos it gives me a nice amount of space on top as well as behind. But the 650L flat also fits in comfortably.. The 1 ton payload is a real bonus for a compact van and I wasnt sure how well the petrol would pull when I'm full in the morning but it is fine and a nice smooth drive. I doubt I would win any races against boy racers lol but for pootling round window cleaning o dont need extreme power 

I've heard good things about the kangoo and the nissan nav250 which is the rebadged kangoo and they do the swb about 550 payload and the L2 which I believe is the Kangoo maxi equivalent and about 800kg payload. There are some good deals on them at moment the nissan dealerships are doing 5years or 100k miles warranty. I Think if you can find pre reg deals a new van is the way to go.  The big vauxhall dealership near me always has combos and vivaros out front with pre reg offers and they are about 6-7k below list

I've heard good things about the kangoo and the nissan nav250 which is the rebadged kangoo and they do the swb about 550 payload and the L2 which I believe is the Kangoo maxi equivalent and about 800kg payload. There are some good deals on them at moment the nissan dealerships are doing 5years or 100k miles warranty. I Think if you can find pre reg deals a new van is the way to go.  The big vauxhall dealership near me always has combos and vivaros out front with pre reg offers and they are about 6-7k below list
I was looking at an all singing and dancing NV300 in March and the earliest I could get one was July

I was looking at an all singing and dancing NV300 in March and the earliest I could get one was July
Yeah the NV300 is a nice looking van. I hadnt really considered nissan Van's before but with the 5 year warranty you seem to get a lot of van for your money. That's a long lead time till July. The Nv250s seem to be in stock 

I have the new Berlingo. Cracking van in my opinion. I went for a LWB version though so I do have extra room in the load area. My 18 pole fits in with loads of room but my 35 only just fits so bigger poles will struggle in the SWB version. But the van itself it's lovely, feels much more like a van than the previous models.

I have the new Berlingo. Cracking van in my opinion. I went for a LWB version though so I do have extra room in the load area. My 18 pole fits in with loads of room but my 35 only just fits so bigger poles will struggle in the SWB version. But the van itself it's lovely, feels much more like a van than the previous models.
Thanks mate what size payload did you go for and tank ?

Back