Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What to charge for Gutter clearing I am guessing once a year unless they live in a forest :)

horatiocarter

I have done a bit of research on the vacs but seem to be struggling to find out how much people charge to do the gutter clearing.

Can anyone share there price list with me. Appreciate its from a different area etc but i am trying to get an idea to see if it is worth offering the service.

It will take you as long to set up, and clean your equipment after, for 10 metres or 200 metres so a minimum charge is very important.

Are you supplying the power, generator, or using custys. If you're supplying you need to have a higher minimum charge.

You then need to work out how long it will take to do. I want at least £50 a man hour and there is always 2 of us.

We have a minimum charge of £50 and that wouldn't be for overflowing gutters.

It will take you as long to set up, and clean your equipment after, for 10 metres or 200 metres so a minimum charge is very important.

Are you supplying the power, generator, or using custys. If you're supplying you need to have a higher minimum charge.

You then need to work out how long it will take to do. I want at least £50 a man hour and there is always 2 of us.

We have a minimum charge of £50 and that wouldn't be for overflowing gutters.
So on a small house your looking at £100 for you then adding on potentially cost of having to use your own power? How do you calculate that not being too dumb I hope? I should really be knowing this for every activity that is carried out so I know the per job cost.

No a small house would probaby be the minimum charge, £50. My post is explaining what you would need to considering in you pricing mechanisms. If you work on your own the set up time should be around 10 minutes and the clean up time around the same.

Some put a very simplistic charge by the metre. But for me the more metres the lower the metre charge is as the set up and clean up is roughly the same.

On numerous jobs the set up and clean time is more then the clearing time. Every job is different and no matter how long you do this job you will make mistakes.

We have a minimum charge of £75 just put it up it was £65 before  for several years , everything Ime buying has gone up in price so Ime following suite ?? that’s for  a modern 3 bed semi bigger houses are obviously more .

So on a small house your looking at £100 for you then adding on potentially cost of having to use your own power? How do you calculate that not being too dumb I hope? I should really be knowing this for every activity that is carried out so I know the per job cost.
With homeowners generally being tight or worried about how much electric your gutter vac will eat having your own generator kind of gives you an edge as you are offering a complete service regardless of entering their property or working remotely without the need of a customer being present thus gaining entry to use their socket.

If you were for example to add on say £10 or higher for using your own power you can in turn factor in a greater profit margin is the way I see it 

Don't forget about waste disposal. If custy has green bin then you should be able to dump rubbish there, with prior approval. If there is a garden you could dump in flowerbed again with permission if not and you have to take it away then you need a waste transfer licence plus pay for commercial disposal!!!

I'm £65 now unless its a big house. My genie cost £800 so I would need plenty of work to pay for it. Would like a bigger van with everything fitted into place so I don't need to go hunting for stuff.
It's amazing how much kit you can collect in this industry. 

I have a full garage and 18 foot shipping container full of equipment 

Don't forget about waste disposal. If custy has green bin then you should be able to dump rubbish there, with prior approval. If there is a garden you could dump in flowerbed again with permission if not and you have to take it away then you need a waste transfer licence plus pay for commercial disposal!!!
Very clear and valid point there Ched.

I refuse hands down at the first point of contact to remove any waste due to not being a licenced waste carrier. Most customers agree for it to be green binned or thrown under the hedge or on the compost heap 

No just me, One van.

When you run a cleaning business and cover everything the tools needed take up space 
I've just started cutting down the amount of work I take on. Stopped fitting uPVC fascia and soffits but will still replace gutters. At the saw mill Friday and they told me the cost of wood which has doubled in price so I'm going to stop building fences. Gave a woman a quote for 5m of fencing and she told me to forget it. I used to be a ton a metre for a 6 foot fence and a ton extra for a gate now I would be 200 a metre and I don't think anyone will pay it. Tiling steps is another thing I used to do but more hassle than its worth. Going to concentrate on roof spraying with moss killer, seems a nice easy money maker.

Back