I'm back and want to share my journey

TopNotch

I've read a crazy amount of posts on here over the time and just like to thank you all the information on here, you're all amazing.

I started of Trad for a small while then moved to wfp out of my car, was going great and then 4 months into it on dec 2019 I went ice-skating πŸ˜… broke my leg and ankle resulting in a op.

4-5 months recovery until I picked up a 4 on 4 off job supervising the production of covid test kits, a month later I get back into window cleaning doing 2 out of 8 days as I lost most of my round burying my head into ground only lasting for 4 months as my partner was getting more pregnant so I need to support her more and couldn't take the leap of leaving my job to go full time.

I took an extended paternity leave and ended up leaving as I was loving the time with my little man, wanting flexibility and missing my window cleaning I decided to give it a good go.

Third time a charm right πŸ˜‰

Started just over 4 weeks ago with 10 loyal customers and now building it up 55 as of today, I've came back with more wisdom than before.

I'm pleased with how things are going and I wish to share my journey so far.

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, TopNotch said:

Started just over 4 weeks ago with 10 loyal customers and now building it up 55 as of today, I've came back with more wisdom than before.

Welcome back, hope your ankle is feeling better.Β Β 

45 custy in 4 weeks is great going, well done. Are you door knocking?

30 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Welcome back, hope your ankle is feeling better.Β Β 

45 custy in 4 weeks is great going, well done. Are you door knocking?

It's going really strong now, can happily walk around holding 2 25l barrels thank you ☺️

Not been door knocking as I'm not sure if people will like it with current situation, I've been getting a lot of attention from Facebook mainly in area I use to work in retail as people already have some trust with me, hitting up pictures of first cleans and other jobs like fascia and soffits and doing free window clean giveaways away simply on buy/sell groups or local groups asking people to tag someone who lives in a certain area inorder to enter (as my page don't get enough traffic to host something like that) I gave away a free clean which took me an hour and a half to complete, the customer who one signed up on a Β£20 8 weekly and I got 10 quotes from it to, landed 7 which suggests my pricing is about right.

• Like 2

So the little bit of wisdom was not to go ice skating again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

glad you are on the right road to making a full recover and wish you well on building your round πŸ‘

17 minutes ago, TopNotch said:

It's going really strong now, can happily walk around holding 2 25l barrels thank you ☺️

Not been door knocking as I'm not sure if people will like it with current situation, I've been getting a lot of attention from Facebook mainly in area I use to work in retail as people already have some trust with me, hitting up pictures of first cleans and other jobs like fascia and soffits and doing free window clean giveaways away simply on buy/sell groups or local groups asking people to tag someone who lives in a certain area inorder to enter (as my page don't get enough traffic to host something like that) I gave away a free clean which took me an hour and a half to complete, the customer who one signed up on a Β£20 8 weekly and I got 10 quotes from it to, landed 7 which suggests my pricing is about right.

I agree that door knocking now is a little too early. Nice tactics on Facebook, well done.

1 hour ago, TopNotch said:

I've read a crazy amount of posts on here over the time and just like to thank you all the information on here, you're all amazing.

I started of Trad for a small while then moved to wfp out of my car, was going great and then 4 months into it on dec 2019 I went ice-skating πŸ˜… broke my leg and ankle resulting in a op.

4-5 months recovery until I picked up a 4 on 4 off job supervising the production of covid test kits, a month later I get back into window cleaning doing 2 out of 8 days as I lost most of my round burying my head into ground only lasting for 4 months as my partner was getting more pregnant so I need to support her more and couldn't take the leap of leaving my job to go full time.

I took an extended paternity leave and ended up leaving as I was loving the time with my little man, wanting flexibility and missing my window cleaning I decided to give it a good go.

Third time a charm right πŸ˜‰

I'm pleased with how things are going and I wish to share my journey so far.

Welcome back, hope you've recovered and ready to dominate your areaΒ 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Den said:

So the little bit of wisdom was not to go ice skating again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

glad you are on the right road to making a full recover and wish you well on building your round πŸ‘

Most definitely, I've banned the Mrs from even watch the dancing on ice show, got plate and pins to show for it lol

Edited by TopNotch
  • Haha 3

What a lovely spirit to have. Your doing great. Wish you all the best. What a knock back but your driving through in a positive way. Well done. Keep up the good work.Β 

windowsurfer

Sorry to hear you doing yourself in with the ice skating, but glad your on the mend.Β  When your self employed its always a risky business letting your hair down to have some fun.Β  To me that's a big downside of self-employment, no one pays your wages for not working due to a silly accident. I've become so risk adversive, I over calculate the chance of risk that I avoid potential injuries to self preserve myself to be able to work, I've become boring, I need a bit of balance. Well done for getting going again.

12 hours ago, windowsurfer said:

Sorry to hear you doing yourself in with the ice skating, but glad your on the mend.Β  When your self employed its always a risky business letting your hair down to have some fun.Β  To me that's a big downside of self-employment, no one pays your wages for not working due to a silly accident. I've become so risk adversive, I over calculate the chance of risk that I avoid potential injuries to self preserve myself to be able to work, I've become boring, I need a bit of balance. Well done for getting going again.

I totally agree, after leaving an employed job after 12 years it was a shock to know I no longer have that protection, I no longer use ladder and won't climb onto anything.

I'll still do daft stuff tho πŸ˜…

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, TopNotch said:

I'll still do daft stuff tho πŸ˜…

You wouldn't be a "proper" window cleaner if you didn't

windowsurfer

Well I did go sledging n snowboarding quite a bit, but knew I had enough money in the bank to cover the bills for 6-8 weeks, of for any potential injuries:)

You'll be fine door knocking from tomorrow..... just knock and stand back a little more than you would do normally ...