Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Squeegee Lengths

CWCDamo

Hello all. Just a quick question from a newcomer.

what length squeegees do you use most to cover most applications on residential cleans? Or what lengths do you carry and use most?

Thanks.

It's a lot of years since I earned my living trad but my current kit includes 6", 10", 14" & 18".

I have been asked to do a monthly internal clean of some large glass panels on a modern build house so I mught get a 22" Liquidator channel, but that's more of an excuse to get one really. ?

Hello all. Just a quick question from a newcomer.

what length squeegees do you use most to cover most applications on residential cleans? Or what lengths do you carry and use most?

Thanks.
Why is it a quick question?? Some of us may be slow..

If you are new to traditional window cleaning and have researched the trade you'll note the specific lengths of squeegees sold by all the suppliers 

In a polite and non offensive manner you should really be looking through the forum threads and the search option because all the information is on here.

There are really only 3 lengths used which cover residential to commercial 

I have a 6” 10” and 14” for domestic I did buy a 12” liquidator a couple of years ago but never used.

very-rarely used them though. 

Why is it a quick question?? Some of us may be slow..

If you are new to traditional window cleaning and have researched the trade you'll note the specific lengths of squeegees sold by all the suppliers 

In a polite and non offensive manner you should really be looking through the forum threads and the search option because all the information is on here.

There are really only 3 lengths used which cover residential to commercial 
I have done, but due to the shear amount of choice and the range available, I was interested to see what the individual uses, or doesn’t.

Thanks.

I use the 6” for openers and the 14” on most windows and the 10” is purely for the pole work excelator with flick. 

Just to add i use all Unger and their new green rubber 

A simple rule of thumb - use Harder or Regular squeegee rubber in the Summer and move to Softer squeegee rubber in the Winter.
Thanks, I did also wonder about rubber hardness. That’s a great help.

When i do trad work i carry 14 and 4inch channel.

Ettore brass channel are my go to.

I use Ettore master rubber year round.

I like the Ettore ledge ez handle or Moerman excelerator handle (newer versions)

For pole work (trad) I just throw on the moerman fliq pad and get it done.

Hope this helps.

Keep it simple. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it depends on the size of the pains of glass if just doing big 8x8 shop fronts a 6’ inch is a waist of time  you want an 18 inch , but for domestic a range of sizes is useful 4,612,14  ,18  is what we carry but they are rarely used theses days apart from commercial insides . Which we use 12, or 14 on 

I think it depends on the size of the pains of glass if just doing big 8x8 shop fronts a 6’ inch is a waist of time  you want an 18 inch , but for domestic a range of sizes is useful 4,612,14  ,18  is what we carry but they are rarely used theses days apart from commercial insides . Which we use 12, or 14 on 
I use to carry same setup as you guys, but after some time I realized it was actually a time waster I'd say 95% my trad work I can hum through with my 14 very efficiently no lost time deciding which channel Blah blah...?

The 4 I use for small cut ups and storefront frames.

I try to keep things simple ?

20201014_104908.jpg

348s.jpg

20200428_052752.jpg

Custom 6inch for small openings. Plus a 10inch and 14inch. In the order of mostly used, 14inch, 6inch, 10inch in that order I guess.

Oh and I use Moerman.

Back