Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

PowerUp 3D installation guide ???

Rickadoo

Hi all. 
Just took delivery of my Powerup 3D hose reel yesterday. Looked in the box and there are no instructions whatsoever inside. Thought that a tad odd. (you buy a kettle and there is a 27 page user guide that comes with it.) I would have thought some sort of installation manual would’ve been included. Is it just me or are we supposed to just work it out for ourselves? I know it’s fairly self explanatory but just hoping I don’t miss something important. 

Hi all. 
Just took delivery of my Powerup 3D hose reel yesterday. Looked in the box and there are no instructions whatsoever inside. Thought that a tad odd. (you buy a kettle and there is a 27 page user guide that comes with it.) I would have thought some sort of installation manual would’ve been included. Is it just me or are we supposed to just work it out for ourselves? I know it’s fairly self explanatory but just hoping I don’t miss something important. 
One thing I am aware of is if you want it to rotate the other way due to placement of the inlet then they will tell you just to reverse the connections to the battery. That's fine as long as you then add a fuse to the wire connected to the battery +ve terminal as the one they supply would be connected to the -ve. So just make 100% sure that there is a fuse in the wire connecting the reel to the battery +ve terminal.

Other than that no ideas really as every van will have different mounting options. Double and triple check that there is nothing underneath before you drill to bolt the hose reel down!!!!!!

Good luck.

Hi all. 
It’s quite straightforward 4 screws/bolts through the stainless steel tags on the side of the reel ( or you can use the inner fittings under the reel )  and connect the red lead to the positive terminal on the batter and the black one to the negative that’s it took me about 5 muinits to fit two . But I do agree there should be something in writing , but the other two main electric reel suppliers aren't  much better I had to phone one company as there was no wiring diagram to fit the controller box to the electrics on the reel , get it wrong and it would be a very expensive mistake . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. 
Drill holes, bolt in, wire to battery can't be that hard 

Have you heard of this video platform called YouTube it's very popular 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised as well that it came with absolutely nothing when I got one a week ago. It was quite straightforward to fit though. Didn’t think much of the emergency handle unless I was attaching it wrong but couldn’t check the instructions obviously. 

There is life other than the forum and many manufacturers have official release product videos 
This is true. I do use you tube but as I say I normally check the forum first as I value the opinion of fellow window cleaners. I did actually wonder wether it had been an oversight and others had got instructions with their reel. 

I was surprised as well that it came with absolutely nothing when I got one a week ago. It was quite straightforward to fit though. Didn’t think much of the emergency handle unless I was attaching it wrong but couldn’t check the instructions obviously. 
Hi mate. 
Did you get yours from WCW? Did you get with yours, the barb to fit the hose to or the fixings or the emergency winding handle ? I didn’t get all that with mine. 

Hi mate. 
Did you get yours from WCW? Did you get with yours, the barb to fit the hose to or the fixings or the emergency winding handle ? I didn’t get all that with mine. 
Yes and yes

There was a clear polythene bag in mine with all the bits and pieces in including the handle.  But no tool to adjust the overspin nut

Yes and yes

There was a clear polythene bag in mine with all the bits and pieces in including the handle.  But no tool to adjust the overspin nut
There is no overspin nut only a belt tensioner nut which requires an Allan key

Hi mate. 
Update. I contacted WCW via WhatsApp and I’ve been sent the bag of fittings and winding handle. 

Update. I contacted WCW via WhatsApp and I’ve been sent the bag of fittings and winding handle. 
They are guaranteed too Either send you the wrong item or parts missing don’t think I have had a successful pack yet.

Latest Posts

Back