Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best stuff for cleaning facias with a WFP?

I use elbow grease, it gets off everything apart from tiger stripes and after speaking to other windy's the only way to get that off is by hand on ladders.

I've tried the screwfix no nonsense which didn't really do alot imo

I'll add a photo of the last one I've done, looks darker from the clouds but just below the chimney you can see it clearer

PXL_20210326_134028845.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use elbow grease, it gets off everything apart from tiger stripes and after speaking to other windy's the only way to get that off is by hand on ladders.

I've tried the screwfix no nonsense which didn't really do alot imo

I'll add a photo of the last one I've done, looks darker from the clouds but just below the chimney you can see it clearer

View attachment 24171
?

We haven't used chemicals for ages except for the odd bit of Cif cream applied to the bristles for those stubborn marks. We found that soaking the fascias and gutters with pure water and letting it soak in works for us. I have a degreaser on the van with a sprayer pump but wetting the gutters first works just as well.

BTW, I would have cleaned the gutter as far as the joiner. I just looks better imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
For stubborn stains I tend to use the pink stuff. I always use it on new customers front doors and they can't believe the difference.
Pink stuff with a magic sponge goes a long way quick, I do a quick run through on the lower sills and doors,

I also use the 99% rubbing alcohol for old tape marks with a magic sponge.

Might see about getting a magic sponge on a pole attachment for those "can't get off unless break out the ladder parts"

I don't sell nor am I affiliated with magic sponge's, I started using them in retail to clean dirty shelves with 15 years ago and loved them since ?

It would be cool to see a comparison of chemicals to see the difference, I'm sure there should be a difference ? might have to order some ubik and find two similarly dirty windows using a white colour chart.

?

We haven't used chemicals for ages except for the odd bit of Cif cream applied to the bristles for those stubborn marks. We found that soaking the fascias and gutters with pure water and letting it soak in works for us. I have a degreaser on the van with a sprayer pump but wetting the gutters first works just as well.

BTW, I would have cleaned the gutter as far as the joiner. I just looks better imho.
Haha you're right I should have moved to the joiner, must have ran short of the elbow grease ?

Pink stuff with a magic sponge goes a long way quick, I do a quick run through on the lower sills and doors,

I also use the 99% rubbing alcohol for old tape marks with a magic sponge.

Might see about getting a magic sponge on a pole attachment for those "can't get off unless break out the ladder parts"

I don't sell nor am I affiliated with magic sponge's, I started using them in retail to clean dirty shelves with 15 years ago and loved them since ?

It would be cool to see a comparison of chemicals to see the difference, I'm sure there should be a difference ? might have to order some ubik and find two similarly dirty windows using a white colour chart.
The magic sponge guy Tadah used to post a lot on the other forum  but not heard of him for years 

I using cold this week as my heater refuses to start up. Will get it fixed soon but wanting to notice any difference. Did 10 houses this morning and my water was very cold which makes it alot harder to clean with. I have been spoiled with hot water and I don't want to change to cold if I can help it.

For stubborn stains I tend to use the pink stuff. I always use it on new customers front doors and they can't believe the difference.
Funnily enough our local supermarket has suddenly got a big display of The Pink Stuff so I think I might give it a try.

I almost can't imagine doing GFS without chemicals, nine times out of ten it's needed.

Funnily enough our local supermarket has suddenly got a big display of The Pink Stuff so I think I might give it a try.

I almost can't imagine doing GFS without chemicals, nine times out of ten it's needed.
Pink stuff is by far one of the best advances in cleaning chemicals. It's easy to use and apply. 151 who own the Elbow Grease brand also make their own version. It's very much like thick solidified cif or jiff or what ever it's called now days 

I using cold this week as my heater refuses to start up. Will get it fixed soon but wanting to notice any difference. Did 10 houses this morning and my water was very cold which makes it alot harder to clean with. I have been spoiled with hot water and I don't want to change to cold if I can help it.
what fault code is coming up?(count the long red flashes)...it could be a fuse.....ive had this...i replaced a fuse and holder and was back up and running within a day

Pink stuff is by far one of the best advances in cleaning chemicals. It's easy to use and apply. 151 who own the Elbow Grease brand also make their own version. It's very much like thick solidified cif or jiff or what ever it's called now days 
Not seen it locally before but have seen plenty of guys on here praising it so I will give it a try.

There seems to be three variations, a tub, a container like Cif comes in and a spray bottle.

Not seen it locally before but have seen plenty of guys on here praising it so I will give it a try.

There seems to be three variations, a tub, a container like Cif comes in and a spray bottle.
We have always used the tub. It's a paste. The tub is a nice size to hold in one hand while cleaning with the other.

Before using The Pink Stuff we used Astonish. But Astonish doubled the size of the tub and more or less tripled the price. So we changed and will stick with The Pink Stuff.

We usually use Cif cream for the high stuff because it's ok and easy to apply to the brush head.

what fault code is coming up?(count the long red flashes)...it could be a fuse.....ive had this...i replaced a fuse and holder and was back up and running within a day
Its a solid red light. I did put 2 bottles of Catclean in my tank before mot and gave it a long drive 3 months ago. then I filled up my tank and then I used my hot water so I didn't think it would have any effect. Was going great and had two reels working to return to tank which was heating up nicely then after 4 hours it cut out. Got it back up working then it cut out again, maybe a sensor or burner clogged up. ?

Its a solid red light. I did put 2 bottles of Catclean in my tank before mot and gave it a long drive 3 months ago. then I filled up my tank and then I used my hot water so I didn't think it would have any effect. Was going great and had two reels working to return to tank which was heating up nicely then after 4 hours it cut out. Got it back up working then it cut out again, maybe a sensor or burner clogged up. ?
Take the fuse out clean it and the connections well leave the fuse out fir 5-10 muinits re fit it and try it again it might re set it . 

Take the fuse out clean it and the connections well leave the fuse out fir 5-10 muinits re fit it and try it again it might re set it . 
Still no joy. Its funny because its a solid red light but refuses to fire up. Hopefully Oliver will be up this month to give it a service and get it working again.

Latest Posts

Back