Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Marolex Pump Sprayer 5L for hypo. Help!


Edward Baskerville

Recommended Posts

So I bought 5L marolex pump sprayer to put hypo in but just read the instructions saying its forbidden to use. I suppose should of checked this before purchasing! Is there particular reason for this? Can I still use it etc? Just asking for advice as I'm newbie to hypo 

Link to comment

Viton seals are more suitable but it will probably be OK. Just give it a good rinse out after use. I think worst thing that can happen is it wont pump out the mix.

Make sure you wear appropriate PPE - proper mask, visor/goggles and a protective suit! 

Edited by ched999uk
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Viton seals are more suitable but it will probably be OK. Just give it a good rinse out after use. I think worst thing that can happen is it wont pump out the mix.

Make sure you wear appropriate PPE - proper mask, visor/goggles and a protective suit! 

This one does have viton seals but just says it's forbidden to use hypo 

Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Edward Baskerville said:

This one does have viton seals but just says it's forbidden to use hypo 

Looking at that sprayer on the sites I can see it says 'BUNA seals'. No idea what that means but maybe send it back as the adverts say chemical resistant seals - so if the site you bought it from didn't give exclusions then they should take if back. Plus distance selling act.

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Looking at that sprayer on the sites I can see it says 'BUNA seals'. No idea what that means but maybe send it back as the adverts say chemical resistant seals - so if the site you bought it from didn't give exclusions then they should take if back. Plus distance selling act.

Did the buna ones look fluorescent yellow? As mines clear got it from mx24. If you type it in Google you should see it

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, Edward Baskerville said:

Did the buna ones look fluorescent yellow? As mines clear got it from mx24. If you type it in Google you should see it

Sorry, I have no idea. I tried looking but couldn't see a 5l one just a 1.5l one. I don't know much about hypo but I believe Viton seals are the best ones. Buna ones I have no idea, sorry.

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept