I guess it's a sad day.

Lost my very first customer today, they have been with me since 1997 so that is kind of sad. On the other hand it was a big under priced house and couldn't be done when windy so was becoming more challenging in the winter.

I will view it as an opportunity to take on some easier, better value jobs and improve the productivity of the business.

When you say "lost" do you mean they have got another cleaner or they have moved or died. If it's one of the latter then it's easier to get a more realistic price with the new owner.

12 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

When you say "lost" do you mean they have got another cleaner or they have moved or died. If it's one of the latter then it's easier to get a more realistic price with the new owner.

I'm a little afraid to ask to be honest, moving is a possibility as the house has been for sale for a long time.

Happy to pass on that one as it is an awkward beggar and wind dependant, also it'll be one less ladder job.

11 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

Are you actually saying you haven't lost a customer since 1997? 😲

Not you misreading as well, it was his first ever customer, I think 🤣

18 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

Are you actually saying you haven't lost a customer since 1997? 😲

No, but we don't lose many.

50 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Not you misreading as well, it was his first ever customer, I think 🤣

I think we need re-educating. Some people here are not understanding what people are saying. 😁 

45 minutes ago, Martyn said:

No, but we don't lose many.

Then you're not putting your prices up enough 😂

Losing jobs is part and parcel of servicing a window cleaning round.....all our rounds are built on shifting sand....if I still had all my jobs I've ever picked up in the last 28 years my round would be HUGE!😄

I figure that every year one will die and a few will move, some will have us clean their new house. There is always a turnover of customers but we have many customers who have been with us for a long time.

• Agree 3
6 hours ago, Martyn said:

I figure that every year one will die and a few will move, some will have us clean their new house. There is always a turnover of customers but we have many customers who have been with us for a long time.

me too...some of my oldest customers have been with me from day one!( jan 1993!)

1 hour ago, dazmond said:

me too...some of my oldest customers have been with me from day one!( jan 1993!)

I think I'd better go to Specsavers, I read that as 1931. 😁

• Haha 2
steve garwood
2 hours ago, dazmond said:

Yep. I’ve got customers that remember me becoming a dad for the first time.

My oldest is 25 👍👨🏼‍🦰

• Like 3