Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I guess it's a sad day.

Martyn

Lost my very first customer today, they have been with me since 1997 so that is kind of sad. On the other hand it was a big under priced house and couldn't be done when windy so was becoming more challenging in the winter.

I will view it as an opportunity to take on some easier, better value jobs and improve the productivity of the business.

When you say "lost" do you mean they have got another cleaner or they have moved or died. If it's one of the latter then it's easier to get a more realistic price with the new owner.
I'm a little afraid to ask to be honest, moving is a possibility as the house has been for sale for a long time.

Happy to pass on that one as it is an awkward beggar and wind dependant, also it'll be one less ladder job.

Losing jobs is part and parcel of servicing a window cleaning round.....all our rounds are built on shifting sand....if I still had all my jobs I've ever picked up in the last 28 years my round would be HUGE!?

I figure that every year one will die and a few will move, some will have us clean their new house. There is always a turnover of customers but we have many customers who have been with us for a long time.

Back