Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bully liner floor paint

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andy1979

Hi guys I’m having a new van and would like to paint the floor before putting it on the road.

it feels very odd to get a brand new van and sand the floor and paint it with a roll ?

ive been looking at different products and quite like the look of the bully liner and was looking for some feedback has anyone on here used it if so was it easy to do and how’s it lasted ? ??

Hi guys I’m having a new van and would like to paint the floor before putting it on the road.

it feels very odd to get a brand new van and sand the floor and paint it with a roll ?

ive been looking at different products and quite like the look of the bully liner and was looking for some feedback has anyone on here used it if so was it easy to do and how’s it lasted ? ??
If it's a brand new shiny van then by bother

Every van i have owned i have never once painted the floor with any of the available coatings.

I have never seen a van floor rust out due to water on it unless it's an old transit that's second hand and been a battered builders van with holes and rust everywhere.

There is no need in my opinion to waste money on coatings when all you need to do is make a solid 9 or 12mm plywood floor that's been primed and painted and left as a floating floor without any fixings other than through hole fixings for your tank and they can be sealed with polyurethane or silicone 

Then on top of that use 3 or 5mm rubber floor matting that is readily available and simply silicone or polyurethane seal all the edges.

Painting a floor then dragging hose reels pressure washers and tools in general is pointless as the thickness of the coatings are only in Millimeters 

My current van is as those of the steps listed and my opinions are my own based on my experiences and skills relating to vehicles and coatings 

That's my tuppence worth....

20210413_125237.jpg

Latest Posts

Back