Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ova 8 pole help please

D

Deleted member 84

Looking at ordering the ova 8 pole from Streamline.

Do I need to buy a brush, jets and brush head angle adapter serperatly?

Fancy a change from gardiners worst case I will use it as a back up gutter cleaning pole

Looking at ordering the ova 8 pole from Streamline.

Do I need to buy a brush, jets and brush head angle adapter serperatly?

Fancy a change from gardiners worst case I will use it as a back up gutter cleaning pole
Have you looked at their website is the obvious question.

From my knowledge you only buy the pole and have an option for additional univalve to be fitted and hose and no mention of a brush or jets 

Have you looked at their website is the obvious question.

From my knowledge you only buy the pole and have an option for additional univalve to be fitted and hose and no mention of a brush or jets 
It's not obvious about the angle adapter but it's obvious it doesn't come with a brush. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you know ova8 are testing new clamps that cut down on the twisting you get when it gets worn. Not sure when or if new goes into production. Might be worth holding off for a few months?

Have a look here: 

Can anybody recommend any other brand of pole than gardiners. Are the unger poles any good?

Not wishing to bring negativity to the Gardiner brand just personal choice of wanting to see what else is on the market

Can anybody recommend any other brand of pole than gardiners. Are the unger poles any good?

Not wishing to bring negativity to the Gardiner brand just personal choice of wanting to see what else is on the market
I personally like the extreme poles, what exactly are you after carbon hybrid, carbon or hi mod carbon?

I have no experience with either the following poles

1. Boss pole hybrid,carbon and hi mod carbon supplier bladeright.

2.. phantom poles as above supplier WCW.

I personally like the extreme poles, what exactly are you after carbon hybrid, carbon or hi mod carbon?

I have no experience with either the following poles

1. Boss pole hybrid,carbon and hi mod carbon supplier bladeright.

2.. phantom poles as above I'm 
I'm after a carbon pole I liked the idea of the shape of the ova . I started with unger poles 15 years ago.

I've had ionic poles

The lighter the better really too.

What are the boss poles like?

Thanks

Last edited:

Boss from Bladeright are my go to poles as I only use them and Unger 

I'm after a carbon pole I liked the idea of the shape of the ova . I started with unger poles 15 years ago.

I've had ionic poles

Thanks

I've had ionic poles

Thanks
No idea seen a couple of posts on FB regarding the boss poles mixed reactions it seemed.

I tried the ova 17 weighted a tonne also tried a ova22 again too heavy for my liking.

my son recently snapped section 3 shutting a window on his slx18 after 5 solid years of heavy use honestly don’t think the Boss,phantom or ova8 poles  have even  been out that long.

the above testament of my sons slx is convincing enough for me too stick with Gardiner poles until something very conclusive and time tested can beat  them. 

So many reviews on so many poles

In my opinion as pole is only as good as it's user

My boss poles are like new and function as intended.

You see so many negatives because a select few mistreat poles,

push too hard on them, attempt to push windows close and snap them, zero preventative maintenance cleaning or correct adjustment etc.

What pole is this carbon, HIMOd carbon etc?
https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/product-category/water-fed-window-cleaning/water-fed-poles/

To be honest the boss poles look good but that is a shocking website.

I'm wanting info on the carbon fibre 22ft pole. I'd like to know the weight. Is it bare pole also no hose or anything in fairness to gardiners certainly the best at making things simple.

push too hard on them, attempt to push windows close and snap them, zero preventative maintenance cleaning or correct adjustment etc.

https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/product-category/water-fed-window-cleaning/water-fed-poles/
Just sub to your YouTube channel?

Yes I use extreme poles and maintain them just common sense if you ask me considering the cost ?

Have seen that page on bladeright site before ? you didn’t mention in your video what your pole you have out of the three versions? I can’t visually see as all the photos on lee’s website are all the same.

Just sub to your YouTube channel?

Yes I use extreme poles and maintain them just common sense if you ask me considering the cost ?

Have seen that page on bladeright site before ? you didn’t mention in your video what your pole you have out of the three versions? I can’t visually see as all the photos on lee’s website are all the same.
Thanks mate.

As my video title says H22 H denotes hybrid from my knowledge of composite construction it holds up better 

If they put on the full spec, I.e. their weight, I might be interested. 22'-25' pole weights don't really matter that much, to us, but when you start going over 35', and using them for long periods a few 100gms extra, and rigidity, makes a big difference.

I have 2 poles , an slx  that my brother in law gave me ,and and an x-line pro plus that I bought myself. 
Both are pro standard, weigh roughly the same , and clamp nicely . I’d recommend either. 

The cutout at the bottom of the x-line to protect the hose is a nice touch too. 

If they put on the full spec, I.e. their weight, I might be interested. 22'-25' pole weights don't really matter that much, to us, but when you start going over 35', and using them for long periods a few 100gms extra, and rigidity, makes a big difference.
I'm getting a 25' in a few weeks so I'll weigh it bare for you 

I'm getting a 25' in a few weeks so I'll weigh it bare for you 
Thanks but I need the info on much bigger poles. We are happy enough using CLX27's as a daily pole but need top quality bigger poles.

We currently use Xtreme35's on most of our big jobs and would need something of a very similar weight and rigidity as swinging big poles all day ain't easy, even using poles as light and rigid as Xtremes.

Thanks but I need the info on much bigger poles. We are happy enough using CLX27's as a daily pole but need top quality bigger poles.

We currently use Xtreme35's on most of our big jobs and would need something of a very similar weight and rigidity as swinging big poles all day ain't easy, even using poles as light and rigid as Xtremes.
I'll ask Lee for a copy of the manufacturers spec as it should be published in my opinion 

Latest Posts

Back