Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve with new Quick Loq Long Arm Advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Edward Baskerville

Hi Guys,

So ive noticed gardiner have changed there quick loq system to isolate the brush hose with john guest fitting. I usually used the old quick loq system where you needed to put hose stopper at the top to protect the univalve. Has anyone fitted univalve using this new quick loq? I was under the assumption id have to put 8mm hose on the stem at the bottom and use O clip then run it down to the univalve then the pole hose? just wondering if this will be secure in protecting the univalve and preventing leaks. Any advice or photos of set up would be great.

Hi Guys,

So ive noticed gardiner have changed there quick loq system to isolate the brush hose with john guest fitting. I usually used the old quick loq system where you needed to put hose stopper at the top to protect the univalve. Has anyone fitted univalve using this new quick loq? I was under the assumption id have to put 8mm hose on the stem at the bottom and use O clip then run it down to the univalve then the pole hose? just wondering if this will be secure in protecting the univalve and preventing leaks. Any advice or photos of set up would be great.
Hi Edward

Using a Univalve with the new design angle adapter should be relatively straight forward. 

1. Use one of these to push-fit on to the gooseneck base stem. Then connect the univalve top hose to the barb with an O-Clip

2. You can connect the univalve top hose section directly to the stem - heat up the hose in boiling water to slide over & fix with an O-Clip. Whilst this will work, it is not as simple to do as the first connection method. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Edward

Using a Univalve with the new design angle adapter should be relatively straight forward. 

1. Use one of these to push-fit on to the gooseneck base stem. Then connect the univalve top hose to the barb with an O-Clip

2. You can connect the univalve top hose section directly to the stem - heat up the hose in boiling water to slide over & fix with an O-Clip. Whilst this will work, it is not as simple to do as the first connection method. 
Just done massive order from gardiner didn't realise needed one. Going to be expensive just ordering that one part. I also debate when pulling the univalve on and off with that push fit connection will it stay firm to the barb

Back