Jump to content

Best brush for leaded windows


Recommended Posts

Can anyone recommend a good brush for leaded windows?

I've only done the odd one here and there up till now, but lately most of my new jobs (same street) have leaded windows so I need a decent leaded brush

The back windows are plain so brush needs to be suitable for both types really,

Link to post
19 minutes ago, wezza13 said:

I've tried a few and the best one that I found (and still use) is this one from Gardiners :

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/ultimatetm-26cm-brush-flocked.html

100% agree with this, this is also mine and my lads goto daily brush, i find it tackles pretty much everything, the only windows i dont tend to use it on is absolute mingers

Link to post
21 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Soft flocked and instead of going up and down go diagonally.

Yep! I'd always try to cross lead very lightly at a 45 degree angle. This is the most gentle angle. As you say diagonally. If it's diamond shaped I'd go up and down.

Side to side to rinse down with the brush swivelled on its side if possible (descending wiper blade). Gently, gently. I've never used a flocked brush. Always mono, that's just my preference. Though I know most people prefer flocked for lead. 👍

Edited by Davy G
Link to post
12 minutes ago, Davy G said:

Yep! I'd always try to cross lead very lightly at a 45 degree angle. This is the most gentle angle. As you say diagonally. If it's diamond shaped I'd go up and down.

Side to side to rinse down with the brush swiveled on its side if possible (descending wiper blade). Gently, gently. I've never used a flocked brush. Always mono, that's just my preference. Though I know most people prefer flocked for lead. 👍

We have one day 20+ houses out of 25 to 30 are all leaded I use a flock brush for that day just smoother experience.

Link to post
Just now, Den said:

We have one day 20+ houses out of 25 to 30 are all leaded I use a flock brush for that day just smoother experience.

I bet your little pinky aches after using that big brute of a brush all day 😘

  • Haha 2
Link to post
7 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I bet your little pinky aches after using that big brute of a brush all day 😘

Haha! Good Job we can all take a bit of friendly banter on this forum. 😁

  • Haha 2
Link to post
15 minutes ago, Davy G said:

Haha! Good Job we can all take a bit of friendly banter on this forum. 😁

Who said it's banter, proper woss is our @Den 🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to post

Ok, so I was just about to order the brush everyones recomending  but I see it's got some strange square shaped connector instead of a screw thread- so how do I connect it to the pole? my poles have threads!

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Daftoldgit said:

Ok, so I was just about to order the brush everyones recomending  but I see it's got some strange square shaped connector instead of a screw thread- so how do I connect it to the pole? my poles have threads!

Guessing you need this adapter ??

0763C1F2-29C6-4A81-80CD-AC36C5188947.png

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.