Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best brush for leaded windows

Daftoldgit

Can anyone recommend a good brush for leaded windows?

I've only done the odd one here and there up till now, but lately most of my new jobs (same street) have leaded windows so I need a decent leaded brush

The back windows are plain so brush needs to be suitable for both types really,

Soft flocked and instead of going up and down go diagonally.
Yep! I'd always try to cross lead very lightly at a 45 degree angle. This is the most gentle angle. As you say diagonally. If it's diamond shaped I'd go up and down.

Side to side to rinse down with the brush swivelled on its side if possible (descending wiper blade). Gently, gently. I've never used a flocked brush. Always mono, that's just my preference. Though I know most people prefer flocked for lead. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep! I'd always try to cross lead very lightly at a 45 degree angle. This is the most gentle angle. As you say diagonally. If it's diamond shaped I'd go up and down.

Side to side to rinse down with the brush swiveled on its side if possible (descending wiper blade). Gently, gently. I've never used a flocked brush. Always mono, that's just my preference. Though I know most people prefer flocked for lead. ?
We have one day 20+ houses out of 25 to 30 are all leaded I use a flock brush for that day just smoother experience.

Ok, so I was just about to order the brush everyones recomending  but I see it's got some strange square shaped connector instead of a screw thread- so how do I connect it to the pole? my poles have threads!

Ok, so I was just about to order the brush everyones recomending  but I see it's got some strange square shaped connector instead of a screw thread- so how do I connect it to the pole? my poles have threads!
Guessing you need this adapter ??

0763C1F2-29C6-4A81-80CD-AC36C5188947.png

resurecting an old thread, I took the advice and got the ultimate flocked- I did that estate with all the leaded windows today using the new brush and it made a huge difference, I was flying round! The brush just glides over the lead like it isn't there.

Thanks to all who recommended it!

Latest Posts

Back