Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grippa Reels - Powder Coated Mild Steel or Stainless Steel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

In the process of getting quotes from a few diffrent suppliers (shall call PF tomorrow). 

Grippa have given us a good price for two electric reels, stacked, and with extending roller guides (A big benefit for us). The issue is the price is for the powder coated versions. The SS is a lot more on top, and its already pushing the budget. I was hoping if we invest in these reels they'll last us for a good while. Anyone got any experience with the PC and how long it's lasted?

For reference:

Waterworks now sell a stack for the 3D but won't do us a extender and, when we measured it all up, it would actually be too high in my van. 

Ionics are getting back to me with a price.

I'm yet to contact Pure Freedom.

Thanks lads!

In the process of getting quotes from a few diffrent suppliers (shall call PF tomorrow). 

Grippa have given us a good price for two electric reels, stacked, and with extending roller guides (A big benefit for us). The issue is the price is for the powder coated versions. The SS is a lot more on top, and its already pushing the budget. I was hoping if we invest in these reels they'll last us for a good while. Anyone got any experience with the PC and how long it's lasted?

For reference:

Waterworks now sell a stack for the 3D but won't do us a extender and, when we measured it all up, it would actually be too high in my van. 

Ionics are getting back to me with a price.

I'm yet to contact Pure Freedom.

Thanks lads!
@Pjj is the expert on these as I believe at some stage he's bought them from everyone that does them ?

I was lucky and Grippatank installed SS reels at same price as coated reels because they had none in stock. Best reels I have ever had and they fitted the uprated new motors in them for free. In the end best £10k I have ever spent and folk thought I was a bit mad getting a top of the range hot water system. The thing is this, it doesn't depreciate and will probably increase in the cost of a system in the future when more folk move over to wfp. You have two choices when building a system. Build it bit by bit and get parts from all over the place and continually add to it or as I did, work hard and save hard till you have the money and book your van in and get it done professionally. I know its hard but sometimes you need to sit down and draw up a plan of action.

Latest Posts

Back