Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Still learning on pricing

Dt 20

Done a conservatory roof today what a pain it was 

priced it at a 1hour and a half and was there for 3hours + never again ad rather do a day cleaning windows 

under priced my self but a least I’m getting paid while learning 

definitely going in higher next time!

priced it at a 1hour and a half and was there for 3hours + never again ad rather do a day cleaning windows 

Do some market research and search for the competitions pricing structure or read through the forum content.

Starting out isn't easy but knowing what your worth per hour is paramount 

Last year I had no idea on pricing conservatory roofs and simply estimated the time it would take.  I always under-estimated.

I now charge a flat rate of £10 per panel.  I don't often get accepted at those prices but that suits me just dandy because I do not like doing them.

Last year I had no idea on pricing conservatory roofs and simply estimated the time it would take.  I always under-estimated.

I now charge a flat rate of £10 per panel.  I don't often get accepted at those prices but that suits me just dandy because I do not like doing them.
That’s my plan mate 

Go in high 

Turned down conservatory roof Friday myself . Would of needed to use a couple of scaffold boards and ladder to get to one side and be on my bad knees whilst struggling. Other side would of been straightforward....but do not need that hassle, so turned it down without even giving a high quote.

Turned down conservatory roof Friday myself . Would of needed to use a couple of scaffold boards and ladder to get to one side and be on my bad knees whilst struggling. Other side would of been straightforward....but do not need that hassle, so turned it down without even giving a high quote.
That's where a narrow tower scaffold comes in. I bought one a year ago and what a difference it has made, using it today to replace a worn-out gutter.

That's where a narrow tower scaffold comes in. I bought one a year ago and what a difference it has made, using it today to replace a worn-out gutter.
But you have to load the scaffolding, go to customer address, offload and carry round to conservatory, erect and level off, get the boards and cleaning tools/chemicals, do the job...then pack all your gear away....lots of hassle. Think I prefer to just do windows.

But you have to load the scaffolding, go to customer address, offload and carry round to conservatory, erect and level off, get the boards and cleaning tools/chemicals, do the job...then pack all your gear away....lots of hassle. Think I prefer to just do windows.
Looks more professional with a scaffold and you can charge the correct price. Two ladder frames with wheels already on, 4 poles, and a platform, hardly alot of work. Did that gutter with only 4 ladder frames and my mate moving it along with me fitting the new gutter, was great bar the gutter was full of dirty sand. Had to clean the sand off the facing brick with the wfp without the water on or I would have spread it.

Back