Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inside clean pricing

Bebobom

I am wondering what prices you all charge compared to outside?

Also with windows that have the smaller panels inside what's the best technique cleaning them?

Thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering what prices you all charge compared to outside?

Also with windows that have the smaller panels inside what's the best technique cleaning them?

Thanks 
I charge exactly the same inside as outside but the application and detail is far greater because of wet sills and cleanliness. If the sills are cluttered with ornaments etc you'll take longer 

What do you mean by window with smaller panels inside?

The outside surface area of a frame with glazing is no difference than inside

Yes that's what we've been doing charging the same as outside but it seems inside takes longer.

I meant the windows that have Georgian sash style windows that have individual smaller windows instead of a big pane of glass

Yes that's what we've been doing charging the same as outside but it seems inside takes longer.

I meant the windows that have Georgian sash style windows that have individual smaller windows instead of a big pane of glass
Treat the the same as any other window, time is the downside and your hourly rate is crucial.

Do you have the obvious 4" 6" squeegee applicator and plenty of scrims ??

Double for insides, custy has to clear sills open blinds/curtains etc. Always take longer especially if they have had a go themselves and covered them in polish. Also usually require arranging a time slot which can affect the rest of your schedule.

I charge the same as outside price.

Actually insides are quicker for me, once you get use to it.

Georgian panes cut a channel to fit the panes, cut it so it's one vertical pull per pane.

I charge the same for inside windows as I do outsides. 
It’s unusual here for me not to do the inside windows on the houses I clean. 
The houses I typically only do outside windows are houses on estates. 
It does take a little longer for the insides but you’ll soon get quick at it 

4-6 inch squeegee, S Plus channels are good, scrim and damp microfibre for the frames 

We won’t do inside windows I don’t feel it’s worth the hassle we si si much external stuff to do .

Insides are the worst. Cause the house is always warm but I’m dressed for the cold and no matter how many layers I remove, I’m still sweating in a matter of minutes. Then I feel uncomfortable the rest of the day. 

If covid has done one positive thing, it’s the fact it’s given me the line ‘ohh we’re not allowed to do insides I’m afraid’ ?

I love these sort of threads as you see how different people work.

I actually price then I ternal windows slightly cheaper if they are being cleaned at the same time as the outsides.

For example if the outsides were £30 then I would charge £55 for the inside and outside.

But then I offer a lot of little discounts if im doing more work at the same time (pressure washing, gutter cleaning, window cleaning...etc).

I actually price then I ternal windows slightly cheaper if they are being cleaned at the same time as the outsides.

For example if the outsides were £30 then I would charge £55 for the inside and outside.

But then I offer a lot of little discounts if im doing more work at the same time (pressure washing, gutter cleaning, window cleaning...etc).
Why offer a discount ??? You are doing yourself out of money and the customer is benefiting, there is no need to offer it as  the majority would have it done anyway 

You'll be working for free soon if you keep giving it away

Maximise your profitability and reduce wasted time and services

I get what you guys are saying but the way I look at it is ...

I'm not the cheapest window cleaner around and if I'm going to be spending most of my day there then I'm not wasting fuel and time and I'm still getting a days money.

I'm not the cheapest window cleaner around and if I'm going to be spending most of my day there then I'm not wasting fuel and time and I'm still getting a days money.
But that should benefit you not the customer 

It's your business and as long as you are happy doing what you do and your business is doing well then that is all that matters.

You are looking for £40 an hour now and one off then £60 call out fee. You don't want the timewasters so give them a realistic price when they call and it usually scares them away. Folk who appreciate your work are happy to pay for a good service, that's what I have found from experience. £200 to £400 a day for domestic customers and above for commercial. These prices will let your business expand and grow, £200 a day for 5 days will let your business stay alive but when a big expense comes in then you need to find the money. I have a nice pvc clean next week £160 but it will take half a day and I may get more business from the estate which happened recently.

ALWAYS 1.5-2x more but that being said i only do 3 or 4  places inside and thats on the understanding that all window sills and any sideboards we have to reach over are 100% cleared, if theres anything in the way we dont clean that window we WILL NOT move anything or risk breaking anything

Back